Analog channels rebroadcasting in digital on Charter?

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
jilted

HTPC Specs: Show details

Analog channels rebroadcasting in digital on Charter?

Post by jilted » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:38 am

A tech here says the analog (basic cable) channels are also being sent in digital but the InfinTV4 doesn't see them. He could not answer if it was on different channels or offer any further assistance. I am trying to only have to use my Ceton card. When I add my WinTV tuner it adds duplicate low end channels and the WMC guide is all wrong but the analog channels do come in.

Was that tech full of BS or is there a way to make the Ceton find those channels?

Cable company is Charter.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:45 am

Most cable providers broadcast the basic channels as both analog and digital, although sometimes not ever analog channel is broadcast digitally. It will be a different channel number, but the channel name would be the same. The InfiniTV will not show the analog channel numbers...it will only show the digital version. You can go to http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZBLocalize.do to see the guide listings for your area.

josim

Post by josim » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:07 am

I have Charter in Greenville, SC. My Ceton is receiving digital SD channels. My Avermedia Duet did not. So this is a subscription issue for me as it required the cable card in order to receive these channels.

So, does your subscription include digital channels? Also where do you live. Others in your area may be able to provide info on Charters lineup at your locale.