SOLVED: OOB No-Lock & Reboot Issues & Subscription Required

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Boogs

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Boogs » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:12 pm

I got my replacement InfiniTV this week, and it seems to have the same problems as the last one, except I was able to reboot my computer and have the CableCARD maintain its authentication.

Ceton support thinks the problem is an absence of CCI information from either a faulty CableCARD or a problem with the card's provisioning. I have no idea what provisioning is or how to fix it, but hopefully Ceton will get back to me soon and I'll be able to talk to Time Warner about how they might fix the provisioning. I've ready gone through half a dozen CableCARDs with the same problem and I'm going to try another once my local store has some in stock (they said it might take a few days).

xnappo

Post by xnappo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:18 pm

I was having problems like this the last time I tried to activate my cable card. It was taking for ever and I kept losing authorization (meaning I had to go through a lot of pain with the damn TWC cable card line hold times!).

What seemed to fix it was completely taking the Tuning Adapter out of the equation and getting the card set up. Then, after a reboot to make sure everything was good, adding the TA back in.

xnappo

Boogs

Post by Boogs » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:47 pm

xnappo,

We're you having problems with activating/authenticating your CableCARD? Mine actually activates/authenticates just fine and I can view a lot of Copy Protected and encrypted channels, but the Subscription Required message appears randomly on a couple dozen HD channels. But, luckily Ceton is working directly with Time Warner to try and fix it.

However, I'm willing to give anything a try right now since it's been about a month with this problem. I'll unhook the TA and see if that helps anything...

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:46 am

Have you read this one yet? http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =68&t=4350 Similar Graphics chip to yours. Have you eliminated your ram as being part of the problem?

Boogs

Post by Boogs » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:09 am

I'll take a look at the RAM tomorrow; maybe that'll be the problem. Although my problem isn't exactly like his. I'm getting about 90% of my channels to display just fine. It's just those 2 dozen HD channels which are bothering me... I'll try it out and report back.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:02 am

Just another shot in the dark. Good luck. Cpu-z might come in handy. Memtest on bootable USB is another.

Boogs

Post by Boogs » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:43 am

All my problems are now solved! Thank you all very much for the help, especially Ceton's help through their trouble ticket system. I've posted an overview of my problems and solutions as an edit to my first post of this thread.

Boogs

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Boogs wrote:All my problems are now solved! Thank you all very much for the help, especially Ceton's help through their trouble ticket system. I've posted an overview of my problems and solutions as an edit to my first post of this thread.

Boogs
Glad it worked out for ya. Sure is frustrating when the cable company can't get it right. We have to go over all our stuff to eliminate the problem being on our end, and rely on them to do the same. I am surprised that they admitted their errors.

Sure is nice to have Ceton playing for the home team.