Welcome to the brand new My Media Center!!

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by 1454 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:32 am

Is streaming still coming? Or is that now done for?

th3Pil0t

Post by th3Pil0t » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:50 pm

1454 wrote:Is streaming still coming? Or is that now done for?
I too am interested in this now. With the death of Echo Android integration, it would be nice to at least have the TV series integration into MMC (that has been coming soon & almost finished for at least 6 months). Streaming would be nice too, but I know it'd be much harder to pull of. Not sure why TV series is taking so long...

Post by 1454 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:01 pm

th3Pil0t wrote:
1454 wrote:Is streaming still coming? Or is that now done for?
I too am interested in this now. With the death of Echo Android integration, it would be nice to at least have the TV series integration into MMC (that has been coming soon & almost finished for at least 6 months). Streaming would be nice too, but I know it'd be much harder to pull of. Not sure why TV series is taking so long...
I think we were put on the back burner because of the echo, but now that the echo wont get updated to android, I don't see why we don't get much more support anymore. I still really like the company, but these were things they were talking about almost a year ago.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:06 pm

This was already brought up in another thread. Streaming is something he said he would look at, but was never promised nor were we given an ETA on. So even if we get streaming in the future, it was never promised to be the next thing added to the app - or even in the next 20 things to be added to the app. So please, stop acting like it was. We all would like that feature, but you all need to understand this.

Development has resumed again for MMC now that the Android for Echo project is dead - on the Android front at least, I can definitely tell you. There is currently a beta in the wild for Android users that anyone can request to become a beta tester for. It is in the RC stage right now, so expect that soon.

Post by 1454 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 am

staknhalo wrote:This was already brought up in another thread. Streaming is something he said he would look at, but was never promised nor were we given an ETA on. So even if we get streaming in the future, it was never promised to be the next thing added to the app - or even in the next 20 things to be added to the app. So please, stop acting like it was. We all would like that feature, but you all need to understand this.

Development has resumed again for MMC now that the Android for Echo project is dead - on the Android front at least, I can definitely tell you. There is currently a beta in the wild for Android users that anyone can request to become a beta tester for. It is in the RC stage right now, so expect that soon.
Where did I say anything about an ETA? And I could be wrong, but I recall streaming being referred to as a future addition. However, there were many things that were talked about as in they will be added in the future and then the echo came along. I personally would pay 20-50 dollars for a good, or great streaming solution. I have yet to get rmc working. I can play back recordings, but I can't get live streaming working.

Also, please reread my comment, I specifically asked if it *was* still a plan, or if it had been given up on. Then nothing but radio silence. Even after a second person inquired. Next, I didn't know there was a 3rd thread, as the first one I was following was killed and referred to this one.

gilhamj

Post by gilhamj » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:25 am

#1454 You should check out MediaBrowser 3 (Server+Classic) which supports streaming with mobile and web client streaming. Plex is also an option. Both are free.

I love Ceton's My Media Center App, and hope it remains the best long term remote control for WMC.

Post by 1454 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:27 am

gilhamj wrote:#1454 You should check out MediaBrowser 3 (Server+Classic) which supports streaming with mobile and web client streaming. Plex is also an option. Both are free.

I love Ceton's My Media Center App, and hope it remains the best long term remote control for WMC.
Thanks gilhamj, I will most definitely do so. I thought rmc was the only one that supported live streaming. And I use thay term loosely.