Recommended: xbox chatpad

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
brantmacga

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recommended: xbox chatpad

Post by brantmacga » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:27 am

Looking for a simpler keyboard, I just received the xbox chatpad ($24.99 newegg).

I've been using a microsoft wireless desktop attached to the xbox; it has worked fine, but I was looking for something smaller.

The xbox chatpad attaches to your xbox remote; so far I haven't had any issues with it inhibiting use of the remote while gaming. Unless you have some type of non-standard grip while playing, it really doesn't get in the way.

Anyhow, I'm using it as a keyboard for searches on the xbox apps, bing search, and WMC. The greatest thing about it, I think, is the fact that its a backlit keyboard; great for use with the lights down.

this attachment also comes with a headset, but I have one complaint about it. The volume/mute controls are half way up the cord. I like the headsets where those controls are at the base of the cord and easy to adjust without taking your hands off the remote.

So for anyone looking for a great keyboard, I can definitely recommend this one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk

LuckyDay

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by LuckyDay » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:35 pm

I agree, I have one for my 360 and it works pretty well.

I've also found it works as an easy way to chat in PC games when you're playing something that uses a controller.