Netflix - There is a problem with your account error

robertredd

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by robertredd » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:43 pm

All of the sudden, yesterday, Netflix now wants me to log in when I go to it in Media Center (Windows 7). When I do, it says there is a problem with your account. However, I can go into IE8 on the same machine and log out and log in just fine and stream movies.

Any ideas? I did recently delete all my browsing history and cookies, but not sure how that would have caused this other than requiring me to log in one time.

makryger

Post by makryger » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Same thing happened with me yesterday. Was watching one netflix show fine, then the next time 30 minutes later i went to browse, it gave me the account error. This is unrelated to the other issue I was having- the 'related movies' issue predates this by a while.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

robertredd

Post by robertredd » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Yep... same here. "Related Movies" issue has been going on for a couple months maybe? However, this issue just hit me yesterday out of the blue.

andino

Post by andino » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Yeah, same problem here.

I'm on the phone with Netflix now about it.

Apparently, they know nothing and I was once told that I can't use media center to stream.

Clueless...

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:27 pm

I had this happen to me a while back. I reported about it and the fix over at the WEC. The issue for me was that I had a sub-account under my main Netflix account that I used to maintain a separate queue. The Netflix app kept trying to use this account when I logged in. Seeing as it doesn't have any disc or streaming rights, it would give me that error. Deleting the sub-account (by calling Netflix, it's the only way) fixed the error for me and it hasn't happened since.

Hope this is relevant to you guys and helps.

andino

Post by andino » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Well, nexflix is saying that it is a known issue with Microsoft and that they have nothing to do with the media center program. It's all on microsoft.

The lady suggested that I use a web browser to view content until microsoft fixes the problem.

Apparently it is a know issue with them that they can do nothing about.

She suggested that I contact microsoft and go that route.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 pm

So, did you contact Microsoft?

kjdaiisha

Post by kjdaiisha » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:50 pm

I too began experiencing this problem last night around 8 PM CST. I had used WMC to view Netflix earlier in the day without any issues. I logged out of Netflix's website, cleared the IE9 cache, and then removed the registry entries just as Microsoft's support pages recommended. None of these efforts solved the issue.

I found that the Netflix Twitter feed has other users talking about this problem as well. https://twitter.com/Netflixhelps/status ... 8055577600

I have not contacted Microsoft about this, but it appears something with the WMC authentication to Netflix was altered yesterday on either end to cause this problem. I think only they have the ability to resolve this issue and we are at their mercy.

andino

Post by andino » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:00 pm

staknhalo wrote:So, did you contact Microsoft?
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... c0557e1ffc

More replies will help to escalate the issue.

So reply away!

n4mwd

Post by n4mwd » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm having the exact same problem here too. Started last night all of a sudden. The same thing happened about two weeks ago when netflix started with pop-ups and emails complaining that my credit card was about to expire. I called Netflix and they gave me the same BS about how Microsoft must have done something and that I should contact them. Realizing that they were just lying to me and feeding a line of BS, I decided to try activating the new card and putting the new expiration date in. That worked and caused the streaming to start working again even though the old card was still valid.

Then just last night, the same thing started happening again. I was so furious that I couldn't call Netflix until today. Again, the same lies and BS. Microsoft must have done something they said. So they are saying that somehow Microsoft breached my firewall, hacked into my computer and broke it. And Netflix, who controls login access, is innocent of all wrongdoing.

I mean, if Microsoft really had something to do with this, it wouldn't start and stop working with no connection to their update server. And even if Microsoft did manage to break my computer, they wouldn't care about my credit card expiration date.

So here's my solution. I canceled Netflix. I have zero tolerance for companies that Bullsh!it me and even less for companies that lie to me. The moron at Netflix said I should just use the browser. Sure, and I'll buy a new pair of binoculars so I can read the fine text on the screen from 10 feet away too. NOT!

Sorry if this is more of a rant than a solution, but I couldn't help myself. Hopefully some day Netflix will wake up and start supporting this program - or at least stop breaking it.
Last edited by n4mwd on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

makryger

Post by makryger » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Added a "me too" this problem on ms answers... this is obviously a widespread issue.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

kjdaiisha

Post by kjdaiisha » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:22 pm

I added a me too as well to the MS site. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 5952107326

Forjo

Post by Forjo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:49 am

Added my replies to the Microsoft site as well as the Twitter feed.

Waiting with the rest of you.

-Forjo

andino

Post by andino » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:02 am

Still down.

n4mwd

Post by n4mwd » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Still down here. The main netflix web site was down last night too. I couldn't get to my Q, but I could watch movies.

Interestingly enough, with WMC netflix, if you put the wrong password in, it knows about it and complains.

As far as getting anything done, maybe if we all sent a letter to this guy....

Reed Hastings, CEO
Netflix, Inc.
100 Winchester Circle
Los Gatos, CA 95032

If enough of us send letters to this guy, he might get something done.

Rob2009

Post by Rob2009 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:52 pm

After dealing with the "Something is wrong with your account..." issue for a week, I have concluded that this is a problem caused by Netflix, perhaps intentionally, and within their power to fix. So far there seems to be little concern for those who access Netflix via WMC. Therefore I cancelled my Instant and DVD accounts this morning and will look to other sources for leisure-time content. Hey, I might even pay a visit to the library and check out some books. As for writing letters to CEOs, I have better use for my time. With these guys it is a numbers game. Note that when you cancel your account, Netflix is not interested to know why. I got into Netflix because of the convenient interface to WMC. They can no longer deliver that experience to me. So it is sayonara Netflix.

BigSacAttack

Post by BigSacAttack » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:53 pm

I too am having this issue with Netflix plugin in WMC since 12/18/12. There is actually a fair amount of posting going on around the net about this, this week. I don't find it acceptable either that a service that I pay good money for, breaks for "a week or two" and I'm supposed to just be patient? I pay for this service to be available. I'm not going to be rash and cancel everything just yet, but I certainly wouldn't liken that to a 2 yr old wanting a cookie, c'mon.

I know it works with a browser, but when you provide me with another means to use it, and then that breaks, I should at least be notified or be able to find postings related to the issue from the source of the issue. It's bad customer service for whoever is responsible.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:34 am

Argumentative posts removed.

Please keep this thread on track.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:59 am

BigSacAttack wrote:I too am having this issue with Netflix plugin in WMC since 12/18/12. There is actually a fair amount of posting going on around the net about this, this week. I don't find it acceptable either that a service that I pay good money for, breaks for "a week or two" and I'm supposed to just be patient? I pay for this service to be available.
the point is, the service you're paying for *is* available.

Something else that you're not paying Netflix for isn't available. That it was, doesn't change that you're not paying Netflix to provide it. Netflix says so in black and white, right on their site.

Don't gripe at Netflix to fix what they plainly say they hold no responsibility for and don't support. Gripe at Microsoft. In the meantime, realize that:

a) this has happened before
b) it's gotten fixed before
c) you can still watch Netflix by grabbing the keyboard and opening a web browser

Yes, have patience and realize the (lack of) significance of this "problem".

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:28 pm

I'm hearing multiple reports that the error has been fixed- I haven't tried myself, but we may be out of the woods for now.