Echo Feature Requests

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm

haydongreenbutton wrote:I've got some problems:
TOSLINK audio doesn't work
Audio appears out of sync sometimes but hard to say with some sources
Channel changing doesn't work sometimes
Want to always upscale to 1080p in the device

Still, it's a HUGE improvement over the initial experience. I just want to see this become rock solid. I'd buy 6 more Echos and 2 more InfiniTVs for family if it was completely solid. Right now I call it 'tinkerer grade'.
What firmware version is running on your Echo? Your first three problems were fixed a while back. Not sure about 1080p yet, but it may be fixed too.

haydongreenbutton

Post by haydongreenbutton » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:What firmware version is running on your Echo? Your first three problems were fixed a while back. Not sure about 1080p yet, but it may be fixed too.
I don't really want to derail this thread but 2012.1221.1618.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:45 pm

haydongreenbutton wrote:I don't really want to derail this thread but 2012.1221.1618.
Well, when it comes to feature requests... the appropriate place to do that is on the Ceton Tracker, or via Ceton Support if you weren't part of the beta.

Strange that you are having those problems on the newest firmware. Maybe your Echo is defective? You should contact Ceton about it.

haydongreenbutton

Post by haydongreenbutton » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:23 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:Well, when it comes to feature requests... the appropriate place to do that is on the Ceton Tracker, or via Ceton Support if you weren't part of the beta.
That takes much of the fun about discussing these things in public though.
barnabas1969 wrote:Strange that you are having those problems on the newest firmware. Maybe your Echo is defective? You should contact Ceton about it.
I'm pretty sure it's fine and that these are software issues. Ceton is aware of at least two of these issues. And they just look and feel like software issues to me.

[Moderator note: Static IP discussion moved here: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =69&t=4384]