TMT 5 and 3D movie question.

kc10boom

HTPC Specs: Show details

TMT 5 and 3D movie question.

Post by kc10boom » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:50 pm

I noticed after playing a 3D movie inside of Media Center that when I go back to Live TV the picture remains in the 3D mode. Its hard to explain but it is like it is trying to render regular cable with 3D processing. It goes away when I restart Media Center. Playing 3D with TMT as a stand alone app doesn't cause problems, it reverts back to normal once I close the application. I have a GT430 card and I just chose the default settings when I enabled HDMI 3D in the nVidia control panel

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:13 am

you should PM Barnabas1969.. he has similar hardware to you and has used 3D quite a bit.

dbailey75

Post by dbailey75 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:26 pm

kc10boom wrote:I noticed after playing a 3D movie inside of Media Center that when I go back to Live TV the picture remains in the 3D mode. Its hard to explain but it is like it is trying to render regular cable with 3D processing. It goes away when I restart Media Center. Playing 3D with TMT as a stand alone app doesn't cause problems, it reverts back to normal once I close the application. I have a GT430 card and I just chose the default settings when I enabled HDMI 3D in the nVidia control panel
I'm using TMT 5.3.XXXX with a GT430, I have my TV set so that I must press the 3D TV Buttom to enable 3D on the TV, I also have to manually enable "play 3D as 3D" in the TMT setting in MCE, if I don't some BD's don't play back well at 24/p frame rate that aren't 3D, after watching a 3D movie, I exit TMT, and return back the the Mymovies screen, the TV refresah rate is back to 60/p, nothing special done on my end. Process requires some manual intervention, but it can all be done with my remote.