Play video to other PCs

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
dgre057

HTPC Specs: Show details

Play video to other PCs

Post by dgre057 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:42 am

Hey there,

I understand that the ceton app makes it possible to select where you want a particular video to be played, in terms of the main HTPC and associated extenders.

Linksys etc. extenders have been largely useless in New Zealand since TV went digital, so I opted (without knowing Ceton had extenders in the works) to use DVBLink (which I use for integrating Sky TV into media center) to set up other computers as media center extenders (essentially...they can watch live tv via the main HTPC and have access to all the media stored on the main HTPC).

My question is: is it (or could it be) possible to select other windows media center PCs on the local network to play video files to? It would be epicly awesome if you could.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:55 am

See this question here: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =64&t=3499

I will merge these together.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:25 pm

FYI Echo should be fully compatible with Digital TV in New Zealand (it does support H264 TV)
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation