Steven Sinofsky leaves Microsoft

Latest and Greatest in the world of Technology and/or Media Center.
Venom51

HTPC Specs: Show details

Steven Sinofsky leaves Microsoft

Post by Venom51 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:49 am

This should tell you just about how well Windows 8 is going...

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/12/stev ... laces-him/

rantanamo

Post by rantanamo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 am

Windows 8 has outpaced Win7 sales. I think the high front end, Twilight like sales of mobile devices have spoiled us to how real software and computer sales go.

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:01 am

They've lost a few senior execs over the last year, most notably Brandon Watson to Amazon. How many others have to go before it's Ballmer's turn?
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:27 am

I was not a fan of his, but I don't know much about Julie Larson-Green except she always seems nervous giving keynotes. I will have to wait to see how she runs thing. For those who hate Metro, she's supposedly the reason we have it. I'm reluctant to say I'm excited, just hesitant for now.

Oh, and it's kind of too soon to fire him if it were over Windows 8; which it isn't. He was just an uncooperative douche is the reason. So the title of this is misleading.

Edit: Thank you for changing the title :)

phenixdragon

Post by phenixdragon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 pm

I am not sure if any of this really means anything. However, I know back in the 90's Gates was taking about how online was the way to go with everything and my impression is that MSFT would lead the way. I am really surprised that they have not pushed the market further with the online resources/services than what anyone else offers today. MSFT knew this was happening but seems like they got too catch up in the delays of online services taking longer than expected but companies such as Google prepared and made it happen. Thinking about it, I'd even say that MSFT gave us what we needed while Google and others gave us what we didn't know we wanted.

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:01 am

phenixdragon wrote:Thinking about it, I'd even say that MSFT gave us what we needed while Google and others gave us what we didn't know we wanted.
I like that. You can add Apple to the same pile as Google as well.
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft