Forum question

The Green Button has risen from the grave. Brought back to life by a few enthusiasts who think the same way you do. Help us make this site better!
RealCodeGuy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Forum question

Post by RealCodeGuy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:07 am

I was a member of the original Green Button starting around 2004. I was active and really enjoyed the forum. When it moved to the Microsoft Home Expert site, I could never get my account to migrate, got frustrated and gave up. Now, I discovered this board. I'm just curious about the background on how this board was started and if there is any chance of migrating my old account? My old user name was "RealCodeGuy".

This board looks very similar to the old Green Button and feels a lot more like home.

Thanks.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:29 am

We all tried to migrate to WEC... It was a painful experience for many. A lot of the original members decided to leave as the community "feeling" we all had there seemed to be lost in the transition. A lot of people felt like they buried our community in a sub forum. The transition wasn't smooth.. And so talk between a few members started. And shortly there after this site was born. Some members of the Original GB felt betrayed by the creation of the new site, others felt like it was the saving grace for our once great MC community.
I think that both communities have lived on but this one seems to be gaining momentum. I don't know how good or bad WEC is anymore as I hardly visit the site anymore. Ceton has joined us here and the members here are great and helpful. If you contact Makryger on this site he can migrate your badges over but post count starts over. The community feeling of the OGB is here and as strong as ever. Welcome to TGB.tv.. Hope you continue to visit and post. =)
newfiend

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:50 am

newfiend wrote: Some members of the Original GB felt betrayed by the creation of the new site
I never, ever understood that mentality. "Betrayed"? Good God.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:09 am

Welcome to tgb.tv!

I've sorted your badges, there is a thread in case anybody else is looking for it:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=31&t=226

Feel free to post here if you fancy, no pressure though ;) :

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... p?f=30&t=2
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

RealCodeGuy

Post by RealCodeGuy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks for the replies and the Badges! It really does feel like the old Green Button is back. :mrgreen:

StumpyBloke

Post by StumpyBloke » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:58 pm

adam1991 wrote:
newfiend wrote: Some members of the Original GB felt betrayed by the creation of the new site
I never, ever understood that mentality. "Betrayed"? Good God.
It's true! Spaceboy1976 (or something) called me everything under the sun on there because of my involvement on here...a particularly nasty piece of work IMO.
Rich

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:27 pm

I remember that.. He sure was upset about this site.. well it looks like the right decision was made regardless. :D
Last edited by newfiend on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StumpyBloke

Post by StumpyBloke » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm

The word pathetic springs to mind
Rich

kc10boom

Post by kc10boom » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:16 pm

I was a member before the move to the Home Expert Site. I don't suppose there is a way to recover my account or get credit for posts ? I think the website was just "www.tgb.com" or something like that .

I was wondering my old account login wasn't working on this site :lol:

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Hehe :thumbup:

Welcome to tgb.tv, where you been at?!?!?!?

A few of us set up this place up after MS dropped the A bomb on the old tgb.com site. :silent: Don't get me started :D

The only thing we can do is give you some badges to acknowledge your previous status on tgb.com, post counts can't be carried over, sorry.

I've set you up - there is a dedicated thread for any other users wanting badges here:

http://thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtop ... f=31&t=226
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.