tubeCore - Install Location and File Storage

Solo

HTPC Specs: Show details

tubeCore - Install Location and File Storage

Post by Solo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi Folks -

Member since 10/09 (ie before the "awaiting Ceton InfiniTV shipment" days), but somehow my user name has disappeared even though I did transfer it over from Windows Expert Community about 8 months ago or so.... anyway,

Tubecore support seems to have vanished, so I thought I would post a couple questions here.

Is there anyway to install tubcore on a non-C drive? I want to save space on my small SSD C Drive.

Also, is there a way to have the stored Tubecore / playon media files store on a non-C drive as well? I have installed Junction with Playon which is supposed to divert playon buffer / cache to a selected drive, but it seems Tubecore overrides this effort and stores files on my C drive.

Finally, I was able to figure out why I had zero available storage space on my C drive and was able to delete 20+GB of files stored by Tubecore in temp folders associated with three extenders and my HTPC.

Any assistance appreciated in advance.

David

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:22 pm

You will need to manually create junctions for TubeCore, one for each user account on the PC (including the MCX users). I can't remember off the top of my head where TubeCore writes the buffer... but I think it's in AppData.

Solo

Post by Solo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Oh. ok. That makes sense.

Yes under the AppData and temp folders there are Tubecore files stored for each user (under C:\User\USERNAME\LOCAL\AppData\Temp).

Now, I just need to figure out how to use Junction Master to move the folders. First try failed. Program said files in use or were system files.

Thanks for suggestion!
Last edited by Solo on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Solo wrote:Oh. ok. That makes sense.

Yes under the AppData and temp folders there are Tubecore files stored for each user (under C:\User\USERNAME).

Now, I just need to figure out how to use Junction Master to move the folders. First try failed. Program said files in use or were system files.

Thanks for suggestion!
You would need to stop any processes that are running TubeCore. That would include turning off your extenders, closing Media Center, and stopping any services that are related to TubeCore. I don't remember having to stop any services when I made junctions for TubeCore, but I may have just forgotten... it's been a long time.

EDIT: Oh, also, you would probably also need to run Junction Master as administrator (right-click and choose "run as adminstrator"). I didn't use any software like Junction Master. I just used Windows Explorer to move the directories, and the mklink command to create the new junctions.

Solo

Post by Solo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Yes, was just thinking that (re: stopping processes). Will look into mklink, not familiar with that, though Junction Master looks easy to do.

Tubecore working very well now that I have some disk space!

Thanks again barnabas!