Data Unavailable In EPG

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
KungFuKid

HTPC Specs: Show details

Data Unavailable In EPG

Post by KungFuKid » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:41 am

Morning,

I have this issue where it displays that data is unavailable on certain channels, if I go to that channel it displays now and next only which makes it impossible to record future shows. I posted about a similar issue with missing guide data a while back but program information for the day (at least) would appear once I had gone to that channel.

Any help will be gratefully received as I cannot record Man vs Food!

J

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:29 am

sounds like you're just receiving the stream epg, which is just now and next. weren't you the guy asking about CBeebies and you either referred someone to, or were referred to guidetool? either way, this is your solution. you need to use it to add the MC epg to those channels.

KungFuKid

Post by KungFuKid » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:41 pm

bobbob wrote:sounds like you're just receiving the stream epg, which is just now and next. weren't you the guy asking about CBeebies and you either referred someone to, or were referred to guidetool? either way, this is your solution. you need to use it to add the MC epg to those channels.
Yeah I was the one who advised to use GuideTool, I've done this and subscribed the listing but only get now and next, would it make a difference if I linked it to, for e.g, the Sky listing?

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:24 pm

you can use any of the listings you find in guide tool that match that channel. try it and see

KungFuKid

Post by KungFuKid » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 am

I've tried a couple for the Food Network but they only give me now and next, I will just have to set manual recordings for now.

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 am

well some may not be available though MC and I'm not sure but i think Food Network maybe one. This is why you see people straying into using EPG collector, which downloads the full EPG from the stream, or Digiguide (me) which is an online service.

KungFuKid

Post by KungFuKid » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:54 pm

I had a read through of EPG Collector and am I right in thinking that I can assign this to the channels that aren't populating and let WMC do the rest?

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:01 pm

a little more complicated but yes. as far as i know you set up a scheduled task and at some point it will query the stream and obtain up to date epg listings. it can then load this into WMC using the loadmxf process (not important, just how it works). you will probably then still need to locate this epg and match it with the channel you see in WMC, i guess you can use guidetool or do it manually within WMC. its relatively easy though

KungFuKid

Post by KungFuKid » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Ok, thanks for the info bobbob, I will give that a go.