Time for another update from Ceton

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
ucfknight

HTPC Specs: Show details

Time for another update from Ceton

Post by ucfknight » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:18 pm

The early September update from Ceton said:
"Things are looking good to start sending out beta units the first week in October, which leaves us on target to release the Echo in November, in time for the holiday shopping season as promised. If you’ve been selected for the beta, keep an eye out for email from us toward the end of September with information on how to order your beta unit. "

September has passed without hearing anything new, and the first week of October is here. Hope we get an update soon with good news. I'm anxiously awaiting my beta unit. I can't wait to give my the crappy Comcast DVR (on my second TV) back to them and start using the Echo.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:54 pm

You could have bought a used XBox and gotten rid of that Crapcastic DVR a long time ago.

I have two XBoxen as extenders right now. Don't know if I would replace one of those, or add the Echo to the main TV to keep everyone's grubby hands off of the HTPC itself.

ucfknight

Post by ucfknight » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:11 pm

adam1991 wrote:You could have bought a used XBox and gotten rid of that Crapcastic DVR a long time ago.

I have two XBoxen as extenders right now. Don't know if I would replace one of those, or add the Echo to the main TV to keep everyone's grubby hands off of the HTPC itself.
I use an Xbox on a 3rd TV already as an extender. It is one of the newer, supposedly quiet models. I find it way too loud and hot for extender use. The remaining Comcast DVR I have is in a bedroom where volume levels are not usually very loud. The heat and noise from the Xbox is unacceptable to me in that environment.