Problem setting up remote access

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
davidbecht01

HTPC Specs: Show details

Problem setting up remote access

Post by davidbecht01 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:48 pm

I am trying to setup remote access. I setup the port forwarding as described but it still doesn't work. I followed the instructions as described on the ceton site. Is there anything I could be missing?

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:35 pm

I think one of the devs may have stickied this, but in case you missed it http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =64&t=2922

Also, setup is going to vary from router to router... and not every router may work properly (per quote from another forum post I saw earlier). YMMV
You may also need to take into consideration other factors such as whether your cable/dsl modem/router from your ISP does any kind of NAT or packet inspection etc. Any non-windows firewalls installed could also be to blame.

If you take a look at that article (and some of the variables mentioned above), and you're still having trouble let us know your setup. Network layout, router make/model, cable/dsl modem make model. Also, does it work internal on your private LAN? or is it broken for internal and external? From the sound of your post, it's external that is the issue.

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:37 pm

just noticed that the link I provided is help for 2 PCs on same LAN, but alot of the info still applies

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Also which router do you own?

What port are you specifying?

Do you have any antivirus installed on the PC?
I Write, Code, and Tweet