Remote Media Center for Remote Potato

bmblank

HTPC Specs: Show details

Remote Media Center for Remote Potato

Post by bmblank » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Live tv now on remote media center for remote potato! I think that's pretty stinking awesome. Now my Android is damn near a full blown extender.
Just makes me wish i got more than 400kbps at home though so i could actually take advantage of streaming content to wherever i am around the world (or on the john).

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:12 pm

bmblank wrote:Live tv now on remote media center for remote potato! I think that's pretty stinking awesome. Now my Android is damn near a full blown extender.
Just makes me wish i got more than 400kbps at home though so i could actually take advantage of streaming content to wherever i am around the world (or on the john).
Unfortunately Comcrap is encrypting the last of my clear channels shortly. Hopefully Ceton can add live TV support to their app. I would like to run it on a Raspberry Pi to have an extender like device when I travel.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Hmmmm... I was just thinking... it seems that Media Center + Companion + Slingbox would be a very good remote-viewing option.

makryger

Post by makryger » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Ah, I was actually just wanting a live tv streaming option on Remote Media Center a couple days ago... nice to see they have got this working! I just started the isntallation process- it looks like you have to install a special remote potato server, as well as a different version of Remote Media Center (for $5).
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

ashoupy

Post by ashoupy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Have any of you tried using the Splashtop app for Android and iOS? It's essentially a remote access tool like LogMeIn or GoToMyPC, but the latency is much lower on Splashtop; letting you watch video with few problems. I have no problem watching Windows Media Center on my ASUS Transformer tablet when I'm on my break at work. Only drawback is Splashtop does not have support for full screen apps (yet), so I just re-size my WMC window to fill most of the screen.

http://www.splashtop.com

stefan52a

Post by stefan52a » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:36 pm

lithium630 wrote:
bmblank wrote:Live tv now on remote media center for remote potato! I think that's pretty stinking awesome. Now my Android is damn near a full blown extender.
Unfortunately Comcrap is encrypting the last of my clear channels shortly. Hopefully Ceton can add live TV support to their app. I would like to run it on a Raspberry Pi to have an extender like device when I travel.

Do you think that we can do anything about the encrypting? Does DRMBUSTER do any good? If so, maybe we could try to incorporate it somehow in Remote Potato....

[Moderator note: link removed - please refrain from placing multiple links in multiple posts to your software - it is advised you start one thread about the product and encourage interaction from other members to it]
Author of Remote Media Center see https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ientlivetv and iPad version on the app store.

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 pm

stefan52a wrote:
lithium630 wrote:

Do you think that we can do anything about the encrypting? Does DRMBUSTER do any good? If so, maybe we could try to incorporate it somehow in Remote Potato....

Or anything from the site : http://ifiresoft.com/drmtips/wtv-dvrms-drm-removal.html ?
I don't think there is any way around Playready DRM yet. You can use the analog loophole and capture video but its not worth the effort for me.

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Anyone know if there is a basic PC/browser way of getting LiveTV through via RemotePotato? Or better yet, a Windows Phone app that can do it?
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm hoping that Media Buddy or Smart Potato will get updated at some point to enable live TV........
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

STC

Post by STC » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:29 pm

The work-around is to set something you want to watch to record, then a couple of minutes later select the recording.
It works but is a bit clunky.

nvm!
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Yeah something interesting about that though is RMC uses it's own RP server. I assume it is a custom build, but I guess that the APIs that were developed new are not open to the other platforms. Interesting if the RP servers start becoming all different for all different clients.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:15 am

Motz wrote:Yeah something interesting about that though is RMC uses it's own RP server. I assume it is a custom build, but I guess that the APIs that were developed new are not open to the other platforms. Interesting if the RP servers start becoming all different for all different clients.
Well it won't matter when you provide us remote streaming in Ceton Companion with DRM support Motz! :)

As soon as that is available RP get's the old uninstall..
Greg

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Wow, LiveTV. That is pretty cool. Anyone using it? Does it work well???

Sjchmura

Post by Sjchmura » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Where is this plugin located? I though development of remote potato was over, went open source, and not being worke on.

What is this RMC for rp????

Is this a client for iOS?

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:59 pm

its an andriod app i believe