PCTV Media Center Legacy Kernel

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
runza44

HTPC Specs: Show details

PCTV Media Center Legacy Kernel

Post by runza44 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:23 pm

right, ive literally been driven crazy by this problem. Basically i have a pctv nanostick hd freeview usb stick which i use in conjunction with windows media center. I have my media center set to sleep after 1 minutes of being idle. This works perfectly all the time except for when i start up my windows media tv tuner. From this point something odd happens and it wont listen to the pc when it tells it its idle. I can switch the pc off by pushing a button but it wont go into sleep on its own. I have tried powercfg -requests and it tells me that Driver:legacy kernel Caller is the problem. however what the hell is this? i assume its to do with the tv card as my pc doesn't recgonise it until i start watching tv on my laptop. i have tried powercfg -requests override DRIVER "legacy kernel Caller" System but this does nothing. After i type powercfg -requests override it shows me that it wants to override it but it wont. this is extremly annoying as all i want is for my htpc to wake up to record something then go back to sleep afterwards. any help would be much appreciated.