TGB topic on the Entertainment2.0 podcast

Latest and Greatest in the world of Technology and/or Media Center.
holidayboy

HTPC Specs: Show details

TGB topic on the Entertainment2.0 podcast

Post by holidayboy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:20 am

Josh doesn't seem too keen on our little site, still any publicity is good publicity I guess!?

http://thedigitalmediazone.com/2011/06/ ... -and-more/
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Josh just doesn't want the community split. I agree with Josh in that respect. I don't think anybody wants the community split. But the reality is, WEC drove many members away. I'd rather have those people come here and continue to share their knowledge than to just have them disappear completely.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:38 pm

That's exactly what i was thinking, richard. He must not have been noticing that there were many many members, including active veteran TGBers that simply said they could not be a part of this community anymore. Every week that went by lost new members. In essence, the community was already split. Of course, we didn't immediately put up a new website- we gave WEC a chance to change based on user requests. Almost two months later, they have heard our cries, but are not planning on releasing anything until "later in the summer". We saw a site that needed a great deal of improvement, and that they were not improving it in a timely fashion. What does it say about a forum, when four days later, there is still evidence of a spammer's posts on WEC? We saw a forum that needed obvious improvement, and we answered that call, to both be a place for alienated members to go, and to say to Microsoft "Seriously, if a couple of random members can do it, why can't you?"
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:28 pm

I agree. Besides, the community doesn't need to be split. Everyone can just come here. This site is hundreds of times better then the experts community. It just works like you would expect and is simple to navigate.
Greg

Danno100

Post by Danno100 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:58 am

Let's face it Microsoft blew it. I could never log in with my old TGB id and password, and couldn't migrate anything. The layout of WEC is not something I like. I simply gave up on WEC, and was never going to return. I don't want a split, so I'd prefer everyone jump here. This forum is what I like, and I hope it is what others want. That's how you sell products/services, you create something people want, not something you force on people. I bet if Microsoft did a survey, they'd find a lot of unhappy WEC users from TGB.
Home Theater/Automation Enthusiast

Venom51

Post by Venom51 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:46 am

Here's a little tip for those 2 guys and their position on how MS handled it. It's only better if the people that have to use believe it's better. Just because someone at MS thinks they know better does not make it so.

STC

Post by STC » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:32 am

Unfortunately there's a minority who think this site is responsible for splitting up the community. I wish they were more informed, I really do. My personal view on Josh has now changed somewhat.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:38 am

I still don't understand why Microsoft couldn't just leave The Green Button the way it was.

StumpyBloke

Post by StumpyBloke » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Venom51 wrote:Here's a little tip for those 2 guys and their position on how MS handled it. It's only better if the people that have to use believe it's better. Just because someone at MS thinks they know better does not make it so.
Exactly, but some people are so blinkered to the facts that there is no telling them! :(
Rich

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:53 am

stonethecrows wrote:Unfortunately there's a minority who think this site is responsible for splitting up the community. I wish they were more informed, I really do. My personal view on Josh has now changed somewhat.
People are making too much out of this site. I think it was a good idea. I don't like the new Microsoft site and probably won't use it that much. The old site had some good information but it was difficult to navigate.

STC

Post by STC » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:16 am

All that matters to me, is that I have a place to feel at home in. If this site kicks off then that's an added bonus. If it doesn't then so what! I had fun staying in :lol:
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:47 am

No one wanted to split the community.. What split the community was Microsoft burying us inside their screwed up forum format. I have NEVER thought much of Microsoft forum software format. Its a pain in the ass to use and it just stinks to navigate. Its to cluttered and messy.
The community was already parting as some people didn't like the new format (Me).. The site needed to be inviting and easy to use and the WE community was neither. Here we have great forum software and the site is inviting and easy to use. Most people that find this site really enjoy it. Has Josh used the site yet? Has he noticed how much better it is here? I would venture to say he hasn't .. I'm happy posting here and will continue to do so. I may do some over at WE from time to time but would much rather post here.

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:23 pm

Check out the latest podcast for an up to date response from Josh :)

http://www.thedigitalmediazone.com/wp-c ... ode133.mp3
Rob.

StumpyBloke

Post by StumpyBloke » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:41 pm

Give us a hint, I can't listen yet!!! :)
Rich

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:56 pm

I don't want to spoil it for you :)
Rob.

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:39 am

holidayboy wrote:I don't want to spoil it for you :)

Just listened to the podcast. That was anti-climatic. :)