HBO GO now LIVE for Comcast Subscribers on Xbox 360

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

HBO GO now LIVE for Comcast Subscribers on Xbox 360

Post by newfiend » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:41 am

Want HBO GO on your XBOX but couldn't access it because you have Comcast?
Worry no more: http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/09/comc ... 0-is-live/
More options for TV viewing on the 360.. It's starting to have more Internet apps than MC.. :(
newfiend~

bdf128

Post by bdf128 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Has anyone been able to activate their account without having a rented Comcast set top box?

I have Comcast (with an HBO subscription), XBOX Live Gold, and an HTPC with Ceton InfinitiTV4 CableCard. When I try to activate via hbogo.com/activate I get the following error message:

This network is not included in your current XFINITY® TV subscription*. Upgrade your service now to watch this network.

* Requirements XFINITY TV subscription (with a set top box or other device supporting Video ON DEMAND) The network you are trying to watch must be included in your service

The Xfinity app works fine, it seems odd that HBO Go won't activate (or would require a set top box with VOD).

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:00 am

I have Comcast, No STB, Just two Ceton cableCARD Tuners in a WMC machine. I just DL the HBO Go App and installed it. After install it had a new update. Installed that. I got prompted with an Activation code on the XBOX after HBOGO App Launced, I had to goto http://www.hbogo.com/activate and fill out all the info and it walked me through activating the XBOX for HBO GO. After that I logged me in automatically, authenticated me (and my XBOX LIVE Gold Account) and I was in and it works.
Do you have HBO included with your cable subscription? If not you must have it for HBO GO on the XBOX to work. I have HBO and it works great on my XBOX.
newfiend~

bdf128

Post by bdf128 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:02 am

I have the same setup as you (minus the 2nd Infinitv). I ended up calling Comcast and they had to do a refresh on my account. After the call I logged into hbogo.com/activate and went through no problem.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:29 am

bdf128 wrote:I have the same setup as you (minus the 2nd Infinitv). I ended up calling Comcast and they had to do a refresh on my account. After the call I logged into hbogo.com/activate and went through no problem.
awesome news.. glad you got it sorted. Sometimes the cable compaines are great.. other times..not so much. lol