Clearing out my Channel guide

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
magill

HTPC Specs: Show details

Clearing out my Channel guide

Post by magill » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:58 pm

OK,

So playing around trying to get my Ceton and CableCard working, I downloaded the full blown guide (I get a new Cable card in the AM and I should have it working then)

The problem is, I have 900 Channels in my guide --- When my card is active I should have about 60 or 70 -- Is there a way to dump all channels above 80 or something?

Currently I have a dozen or so recordings that do not exceed channel 46.1

I am pretty sure when the new CC gets activated it willnot delete these extra channels (since it did not delete them when they had no sinal)

Anyway to make it scan all channels and delete the ones with no signal?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

thanks,

Dan

makryger

Post by makryger » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:09 am

Go to Tasks>Settings>TV>Guide>Edit Channels and uncheck the ones you don't get. Unfortunately the 'automatic' way to do this doesnt work properly, so I just do it manually, based on a list published by my cable co.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

STC

Post by STC » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:15 am

For another quick way download Guidetool http://1geek1tool.com/guidetool (free for general use - paid version for saving lineup).
It presents your guide through a windows app and allows you to deselect the channels easily.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Wolfshadw

Post by Wolfshadw » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:17 pm

All I did was create a "Favorites" list of channels and use that.

-Wolf sends

tomtoth

Post by tomtoth » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:32 pm

+Guidetool

Easily one of the best tools for MCE. Update lineup from my desktop to my HTPC remotely. From 1500 Fios channels to ONLY the ones I watch. Makes going through the guide soo much easier.

kalex

Post by kalex » Sat May 26, 2012 3:18 am

I tried using guidetool but it looks rather complicated. Are there any guides that explain how to get things done? Like what does tuner merge do or split.

Also to remove channels all i have to do is just uncheck them? I have Ceton and HDHomerun OTA dual tuner so 4 tuners in general so I'm interested in learning about what tuner merge and split do

THanks

Alex