Ceton InfiniTV 4 - Waking Up Issue

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
pduncan1963

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV 4 - Waking Up Issue

Post by pduncan1963 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Whenever my HTPC is not active, it goes into the normal sleep mode. When I wake it from sleep, it seems to take a very long time (2 min +/-) for the tuners to recognize the cable card signal. During this time it usually says no service available on this channel or something to that effect. But then after the two minutes, the signal kicks in and all seems fine.

Is this normal behavior for the Ceton? If there something I can do to "fix" this.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:47 pm

This is normal. It takes a bit to fully initialize the InfiniTV and get DRM pairing complete.

highfigh

Post by highfigh » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:37 am

pduncan1963 wrote:Whenever my HTPC is not active, it goes into the normal sleep mode. When I wake it from sleep, it seems to take a very long time (2 min +/-) for the tuners to recognize the cable card signal. During this time it usually says no service available on this channel or something to that effect. But then after the two minutes, the signal kicks in and all seems fine.

Is this normal behavior for the Ceton? If there something I can do to "fix" this.
Just a thought. If you have the ability to put the ceton in an always on server, you will see much faster response when you wake your htpc. This is one of the main reasons for me putting it in my server. Now when I wake my htpc, it is almost instant.