WMC says it can't reach the internet

RonZimmerman

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC says it can't reach the internet

Post by RonZimmerman » Mon May 01, 2023 12:38 pm

I installed a new Cable Card in my Ceton Tuner. I went through the card setup in WMC. It says it needs my Product Key which I put in. Then it says it can't reach the internet. I can get on the internet with the browser. So, it is a WMC problem. How do I get WMC to see the internet?

Space

Post by Space » Mon May 01, 2023 10:52 pm

Did you set up your new CableCard with your provider? It's not just a matter of removing the old card and inserting the new one, you have to make sure the new card is "activated" and "validated". None of this is done through WMC (at least not for my Silicon Dust PRIME device it was not). I don't think I had to do anything to or with WMC after I got my new CableCard working in my PRIME. I assume the Ceton has it's own tools to get all the information needed to determine if your card is up and working, and if not, it should have the info you need to give to your provider to get it working.

See this post for more information.

RonZimmerman

Post by RonZimmerman » Thu May 04, 2023 4:20 pm

Thanks. I normally run it through WMC using EPG123 guide. But I got the info from Ceton Diagnostics and activated the card using that data and a long call to Xfinity. And it worked.

Space

Post by Space » Thu May 04, 2023 10:29 pm

Glad to hear it!