Guide update issue fixed, but.... RESOLVED

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
jwk

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide update issue fixed, but.... RESOLVED

Post by jwk » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:21 pm

My program guide data was running out this Wednesday, so after reading "DimensiaDog's" thread I realized my EPG123 was out of date. So, after I updated EPG123 from ver 1.6.6.0 to ver 1.7.3.0 and it updated, my program guide was filled up. Simple, right?

One minor problem... this morning at 5:58am the program I scheduled to run at that time, was recorded without issue and appeared in the "recorded tv" interface in WMC. Everything worked exactly as it should. However, after that one program was recorded, none of the following programs are showing up in the "recorded tv" listings.... I can see them, and see that it says they are being recorded in the "recorded tv/scheduled" page, and I can see them in the "Recorded TV" directory on the hard drive, but of the 4 recordings that were after the first successful one, none are showing up in "recorded tv" listings in the WMC interface.
My next move is to reboot the computer, but I have a couple of 'marathon' of TV series being recorded now, so I don't want to miss any of those, so I'll have to wait until tonight.
In the meantime, do you have an ideas? This computer had been having sporadic crashes for a while in the past, but I finally tracked down the cause... the power supply's voltages were deteriorating after I various number of hours of running. The PSU was pretty old, and after replacing it with a new Corsair PSU with a higher capacity, it runs barely above room temperature and hasn't missed a beat for almost a month of heavy use. No issue at all with the WMC program itself, or any other programs, until today.

The only problem I have with EPG123 is that I don't need to access the interface often enough to be familiar with it. I was going to upload the couple of day's event log, but don't remember if I can copy and paste that to a notepad text file, or if you need the actual event log, the whole thing or a part of it and how to go about that.

Merry Christmas,
Jim
Last edited by jwk on Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jwk

Post by jwk » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:57 pm

UPDATE:
COCKPIT ERROR, NO PROBLEM EXISTS, BESIDES THE ONE BETWEEN THE EARS OF THE OP.
Somewhere along the way, I must have switched from 'date recorded 'to original air date' in the 'recorded tv' window. All programs recorded today were there, but when listed with the 'original air date, most were off-screen. My wireless keyboard has a touchpad that's way too sensitive, and sometimes errant 'clicks' happen.

Whew!

I still could use a refresher about what format of log file you need to troubleshoot a problem...

alhaunts

Post by alhaunts » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:17 pm

I had the same nuisance issue with unwanted 'clicks' from the touchpad of the wireless keyboard. I disabled the 'tap to click' feature and just use the buttons now. Much less aggravation.

jwk

Post by jwk » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:46 pm

My keyboard is a cheap old Logitech K400r, not sure it has those options, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip, maybe I'm due for a keyboard update if the K400r doesn't have those options... what keyboard are you using?

jwk

Post by jwk » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:52 pm

Just checked Logitech, and they do have software to customize the K400r, thanks again for the tip.

alhaunts

Post by alhaunts » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:14 pm

You are welcome. Mine is a Logitech K400+. I used to have a K400r and that software worked just fine with it too. I'm sure their software will do exactly what you want with your keyboard.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:16 pm

jwk wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:57 pmI still could use a refresher about what format of log file you need to troubleshoot a problem...
The log file is simply a text file. You can view the log file and select/copy the text to anything.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io