Tablo Quad vs Silicone Dust Quad (OTA) both with ATSC 3.0

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
JanSiegrist

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tablo Quad vs Silicone Dust Quad (OTA) both with ATSC 3.0

Post by JanSiegrist » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:41 am

Greetings everyone
Has anyone done a compare of these two items: Tablo Quad vs Silicone Dust Quad (OTA) - both with ATSC 3.0 ? I see that the Silicon dust item is $ 100 less at $ 199 - so far from what I see the reviews are mixed but none of the reviews were using WMC. Has anyone out there used a Tablo Quad with WMC? ATSC 3.0 is just becoming live in my area - anyone receiving that with WMC?
I currently have two HD Homerun's with cable cards which have been working fine for the past 12 years or so but with streaming and all the OTA channels available I'm looking to cut the cord.
I currently have three WMC computers, 1 Win 7 on a quad core Dell and 2 Win 8 Pro's on old hardware that is still functioning. The Win7 machine is by far the most reliable for WMC.
Thanks in advance
Jan

StinkyImp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by StinkyImp » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:51 pm

JanSiegrist wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:41 am Has anyone out there used a Tablo Quad with WMC?
Hi Jan!

Tablo has not (and won't ever) work with WMC. I use both and they're totally different systems that aren't compatible. I don't know anything about Silicon Dust. Wiser people can shed some light on that! ;)