New Lineup from SD not reflected in Guide

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Sancho

HTPC Specs: Show details

New Lineup from SD not reflected in Guide

Post by Sancho » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:13 pm

Short version:
Comcast changed their lineup for my zip code, with some channels being replaced by others, and some channels being removed completely. I worked with Robert at SD and he confirmed this morning that he completed the changes on their end, and that I should switch from the old lineup to the new.

I did that in epg123, removing the old lineup, previewing the new to check changes I know should be there before adding the new lineup, and finally doing a Save & Execute.

The guide still shows channels that Comcast claims they removed (OK, not really complaining about that), and the Guide data still shows channels that changed (e.g., a Washington, DC PBS station was changed to a Richmond, VA NBC station). Comcast's online Guide is mostly correct (the Richmond NBC station is indeed on that channel). I say mostly, as while it lists the correct channels and programming, it doesn't list channels like 797 to which I can still tune. So things are still out of sync.

Is there some step in epg123 that I missed when changing SD lineups? There's still only one listed, and it is the new one. Will it simply take time for the changes to propagate (I'm guessing that's on SD's end)? I can bug Robert again, if warranted, once I have more info.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:22 pm

The nuance here is that your lineup from SD didn't change, you changed your lineup. If it was just a change in your lineup, everything would have been automatic.

Open the client. Select your old lineup in the pulldown combo box and then click the red X beside it to remove the old lineup from the WMC database. Then select your new lineup and click the Match by: [# Number] button to map the new lineup channels to your tuners.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:17 am

Thanks, Gary.

I so rarely use the Client that I didn't think to look there. I just figured switching the lineup in the Config GUI would suffice.

I followed your steps, and, after deleting the old lineup, some channels were missing in the Client (right-hand pane, new lineup), and were unchecked and no call sign in the left-hand pane. I went back to the Config GUI and sure enough not all channels were checked, so I just clicked ALL to take care of that. After a Save & Execute, everything looks good now in the Client and the Guide itself :-)

Thanks again!

Out of curiosity, before implementing this fix I was able to tune to, e.g., ch. 797. I can't now, but as it's listed in the Ceton Channel Map, could I add it back in? If so, would doing that in the Client be enough, or would I need to do it in the Config GUI, too?

*** I added it in the Client and can tune it, but no guide data, of course.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:44 am

You have a couple options for that channel. If the lineup has the station in the guide data, you can manually subscribe/map the listings to that channel and will have guide data. The other option is to map that channel to the DUMMY channel in the DUMMY Lineup, and when SD gets it in the lineup it will automatically be taken care of.

You will want something mapped to it. If not, when epg123 runs an update the channel will be disabled.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:04 pm

No guide data, and Robert correctly left it out of the new lineup he created. I did map it to the Dummy channel (noticed it was unchecked in the Client GUI after today's update), so thanks for that tip.

I tried mapping a couple other channels that are not in the new lineup but are listed in the Channel Map (like 797), but none would tune. So 797 seems to be an oversight on Comcast's part. Can you confirm or correct the following...

I can map as many Dummy channels as I want by either selecting an existing, unchecked channel in the left-hand pane, or adding a new channel to that list, then in the Dummy lineup simply right click and choose Subscribe. I'm guessing that's the significance of the -1 in the Number column of the Dummy lineup (i.e., can stand for multiple channels).

I may try some other channels just for kicks, and to see if there are any other Comcast oversights ;-)

Cheers.

Space

Post by Space » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:55 am

I believe that you can pretty much assign ANY network from the right panel to ANY channel on the left panel, including assigning the same network to multiple channels. This is not specific to the DUMMY channel/network.

The -1 is probably so that "match by number" (used by automatch) does not automatically match the DUMMY "network" to a channel on the left panel (since no cable system has negative channels).