Major network guide data not populating

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
smalltownguy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Major network guide data not populating

Post by smalltownguy2 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:56 pm

Dusted off the old HTPC today, in preparation for the Summer Olympics. I'd like to record as much footage as I can, for viewing later.

I knew that epg123 in conjuction with schedules direct was an option, so I decided to give it a try.

I was able to sucessfully pull in my local OTA channel guide data, for everything except my X.1 local market major channels? In my market (Minneapolis / St Paul) the major channel numbers are 4 (CBS), 5 (ABC), 9 (FOX), and 11 (NBC). None of the data from those channels came in - it just says, "No data available."

The "sub channels" (like 11.2, 11.3, 11.4, etc) loaded guide data just fine. It's just the main channel (11.1) that didn't load.

Did I do something wrong? How do I correct this? I know that local market listing data is available, because when I look up my market area on TitanTV, I can see local channel guide data for those channels.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:17 pm

Open the configuration GUI and verify your OTA channels are selected for download. If they are not, you will need to select them for download and click [Save & Execute] to build and import a new file.

If they were selected, open the client and make sure the X.1 channels have listings mapped to them. You should see the channel on the left side, call sign, and subscribed to columns populated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

smalltownguy2

Post by smalltownguy2 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:56 pm

Okay, all of that makes sense. I found the OTA channels were selected correctly. When I opened the Client, I noticed this in the last column. Could that date be the issue??

(See the red arrow)
guide dates.png

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:05 pm

No, the problem is your WMC is not using EPG123 for guide data. You actually have old MS/Rovio data. This should have all been deleted if you did a client setup.

Your choice how to proceed. Just click the Match by [# Number] button and live with Rovio in your database, or actually perform a client setup ... follow install steps from the website.

- Gary

Space

Post by Space » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:29 am

FYI:

Rovio = Angry Birds
Rovi = Crappy guide data

:lol:

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:05 am

Sorry, trying to do this on my phone. Can see the image better and can actually use a keyboard to type and not get caught by autocorrect.

The image you provided shows you did not to a clean start [Client Setup], and all your tuner setting are still based off the old MS/Rovi data. You have 8 other lineups and 6000+ channels in your database. Not related to your original post, just an observation.

The channel you are pointing to in the image (11.1) is still mapped to the MS/Rovi guide and not mapped to the EPG123 listings. If you click the Match by: [# Number] button, with "EPG123 Local Over the Air Broadcast (54020)" lineup selected on the right, then you will get guide listings available. Before that, I recommend selecting all channels on the left, then right-click and select 'Unsubscribe' to detach the MS/Rovi channels. The Match by: [# Number] after that should set things straight.
- Gary

smalltownguy2

Post by smalltownguy2 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:34 pm

garyan2 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:05 am Sorry, trying to do this on my phone. Can see the image better and can actually use a keyboard to type and not get caught by autocorrect.

The image you provided shows you did not to a clean start [Client Setup], and all your tuner setting are still based off the old MS/Rovi data. You have 8 other lineups and 6000+ channels in your database. Not related to your original post, just an observation.

The channel you are pointing to in the image (11.1) is still mapped to the MS/Rovi guide and not mapped to the EPG123 listings. If you click the Match by: [# Number] button, with "EPG123 Local Over the Air Broadcast (54020)" lineup selected on the right, then you will get guide listings available. Before that, I recommend selecting all channels on the left, then right-click and select 'Unsubscribe' to detach the MS/Rovi channels. The Match by: [# Number] after that should set things straight.
Okay, perfect. I unsubscribed and matched by [# Number]. What's next. Just close the client program and restart WMC?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:36 pm

Just open WMC, everything should be there. I noticed you had a lot of VHF channels. If you are running Win7, did you add those in manually?

- Gary

smalltownguy2

Post by smalltownguy2 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:58 pm

VHF channels: probably leftovers from before the digital conversion. I had analog cable for a while. And before that, analog OTA. I've been using this HTPC for quite some time up until last year.

I got all my guide listings all sorted out. I have the Olympics series set up to record. Now to bring my Xbox360 upstairs and hook it up to my big screen TV so I can use it as an extender for a few weeks. I'm sure my kids will appreciate the distraction that Just dance 2014 offers them LOL