And the mysteries of WMC keep coming

CentennialMan

HTPC Specs: Show details

And the mysteries of WMC keep coming

Post by CentennialMan » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:06 am

OK, so I have a 'home built' HTPC consisting of an i3-4160 (3.6 Ghz) with 16 GB of DDR3,sitting on a Gigabyte H81M-H mATX motherboard, with the Intel H81Express chipset, and Intel HD4400 HDMI graphics that supports up to 4K resolution, booting Windows 7 Pro 64-bit from a 120GB Samsung SSD, and I use a Toshiba/HGST 500 GB 7200rpm SATA as my 'recording' disk.
Earlier, I HAD an Nvidia GT710 video card installed, but had "issues" with it, so I removed it and returned to what it had originally been built with, meaning the onboard video system since I can assign up to 1GB of RAM for the display system (even though I know this is massive 'overkill', although even the Nvidia GT710 I removed had 2 GB of DDR3 RAM on it).
So here's my question:
Now that the Nvidia card is gone, and despite my efforts, no matter how much 'video RAM I assign to the graphics system (ranging from the minimum of 64 MB all the way to 1 GB), I routinely get an error message every day when I start WMC saying: "TV and video may not work as expected because the video card does not meet the minimum memory requirement of 64 MB of video RAM. If you consistently encounter errors with TV or video, update the video driver or install a new video card". So, I have downloaded and installed the latest Intel HD4400 graphics driver and HD4400 audio drivers that I can find directly from Intel (and intended for Win7 64-bit), and despite this error 'balloon' everything works very well, but I continue getting the same error every day when I start WMC, but only once per day, not every time I start WMC. I seem to remember this happening once before (over 5 years ago) when I first assembled this HTPC but cannot remember how I 'fixed' it, so here I am asking WTH happened and how do I fix this crap? Or maybe it is time to blow this away and re-install Win7 from scratch and see if that helps. Input ..??

CentennialMan

Post by CentennialMan » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:13 am

OH.. BTW... In the event it matters, I use a Hauppauge WinTV QuadHD 4-tuner PCIe tuner card in this, with the 'latest and greatest' drivers from Hauppauge in my HTPC system.

CentennialMan

Post by CentennialMan » Wed May 05, 2021 1:30 am

Problem is solved by deleting installed devices from Device Manager, as well as all related driver INF files pertaining to HD 4400 graphics and Intel HDMI audio. Did a reboot of the computer and even though Win7 obtained driver files from Windows Update during boot-up, immediately reinstalled latest graphics/audio driver package downloaded from Intel. A second reboot now shows no errors when starting WMC