TweakWMC Feature Request

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by garyan2 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:18 pm

Here is a latest example with MCT Modern8 for you and duplicating the metal background somewhat. Highlights of this is that the description text and date/time are now being scaled by half of the guide cell font size selected, e.g. a +10% change of the guide cell font size will result in a +5% change in the description font.

Also to note in the image is that if you select to hide channel numbers, the channel number and callsign will be added in the description at the bottom along with the start and stop times.

I have a couple artifacts I am seeing on Win7 that I cannot figure out. This deals with the filter button text (Guide Categories/View Categories) being blocked by an unknown image. The strange thing is it will only do it if the 6th or 7th row when focused, either the guide row or the category list item. It also appears to be dependent on the direction of change in the selected rows... I can't figure out where it is coming from. It may however explain why MS made the button so large and the text offset to the left to avoid this. I don't see this issue on Win8/Win10.
expanded6.PNG
One of my problems is I don't have any Win7 installs on bare metal systems anymore; they are strictly VM's. I'm not sure if the problem is real, or just a problem with the video inside a VM.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:19 pm

Looks really good. I was actually planning to hide the channel numbers - you appear to have read my mind.

I'm the same in that my live system in Win8, whilst my test VM is Win7.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

Randyored

Post by Randyored » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:26 pm

Oh no. I live by the channel numbers.

Randyored

Post by Randyored » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:33 pm

Gary, I have my WMC on hardware (Ceton InviniTV4/cablecard). It is working well recording about 10 shows a day using 5 XBOX 360s extenders.

I would love to beta test for you on hardware.

Let me know.

Randy

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:01 pm

The changes we discussed in this thread are now included in the current release.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1