Renaming Recorded Program ?

Mike88

HTPC Specs: Show details

Renaming Recorded Program ?

Post by Mike88 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:49 am

I made a manual recording & now want to give a name. I used Windows Explorer & changed the filename, but that didn't work. Then went into Properties > Detail & changed the Title, but that didn't work.

I found this in the forum.
viewtopic.php?p=89974#p89974

So I moved the file & WMC did not show it. Then closed WMC, changed the filename & Details Tile again to something different. Closed Windows Explorer. Re-opened Windows Explorer & moved the file back into Recorded Programs & opened WMC. But that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Space

Post by Space » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:50 pm

You can find the instructions for editing WTV file metadata here.

Instead of downloading the zip file from the location in that post, you should get the updated version in this thread (get the latest one ending in 121).

The reason why it did not work for you is that there is a unique identifier in the metadata that WMC uses to determine if it has already loaded the metadata from the file in to it's database. If it reads that value and it already has it in the DB, it does not bother to load in the metadata again.
So you have to change that value to something different so that WMC sees it as a different file. You also have to either move the file out of the folder and put it back, or just rename the extension of the file to something other than .wtv and change it back again to trigger WMC to reread the file metadata.

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:27 am

Space -
Thanks, that worked.