ShowAnalyzer and CBS--long black space before commercials

adam1991

HTPC Specs: Show details

ShowAnalyzer and CBS--long black space before commercials

Post by adam1991 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:58 pm

I'm using ShowAnalyzer with profiles, the current version. I've found some tweaks for CBS, and overall it's working well enough.

But I noticed the other day that sometimes they put a particularly long black space before the commercial--like 4 or more seconds. And when that happens, SA doesn't see that as a transition to commercial.

So I'm watching, it fades to black, sits there for 4-5 seconds, and now I'm watching a commercial. I have to skip forward.

SA will find a transition place somewhere inside that commercial block, and it will find the *back* end of the commercial block--so in my skipping forward, at some point playback skips over some of the commercial content and goes to the beginning of the next show segment.

Question: how do I tune my CBS profile to know that the very long fade is a transition point?

winterescape

Post by winterescape » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:59 am

not sure how much response you will get here as I think most use comskip....

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:07 am

Got it handled, over on SA forums.

It was a bunch of commercials bunched together and being seen as a long segment, going beyond the "max commercial length". Upped that number, and all is well.

Does anyone else watch Me-TV or H2? They're infamous for putting five minute snake oil informercials inside their programming, and I had to set them up specially as well.

Fortunately for all, SA and its profiles works well. This is a situation where ReplayTV would have fallen down, and with enough of it I would have kicked Replay out the door regardless.