KARAOKE

guppy

HTPC Specs: Show details

KARAOKE

Post by guppy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:40 pm

KARAOKE !!
Ya I know dont laugh, but we had a freggin blast when the entire family came over and I fired up a karaoke program on my pc and displayed it on the big screen. I was using a program called Walaoke, just because I was somewhat familiar with it. But a karaoke player that interfaces with media center would absolutely rock.

What is a good karaoke program / plug-in for win 7 media center?

Danno100

Post by Danno100 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:07 am

I am not aware of one, but you could post a request at the Media Browser forum. MB is a plug-in that plays video and music (separately). Someone may be interested in developing the concept further. Walaoke is an interesting app, but it would be great to use the Media Center remote and have it built into WMC.
Home Theater/Automation Enthusiast

Logan

Post by Logan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:15 pm

What I have done was to convert all my karaoke files to avi's and put them in a video folder.

guppy

Post by guppy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:18 pm

Logan wrote:What I have done was to convert all my karaoke files to avi's and put them in a video folder.
That sounds like an interesting way to go about it. What software did you use to convert them? Thanks!

mmatheny

Post by mmatheny » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:52 pm

I'd like to find something that can play karaoke CD directly!
Mike

nammysu

Post by nammysu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:45 pm

There WAS a Media Center Karaoke plugin that worked fairly well. I've been using it for years and still do. The only problem is that it only works on Windows XP MCE. For some reason they didn't move forward with development for Vista/7.

I've also been looking for a karaoke plugin that will work in MCE Vista/7. I've been playing around with ffdshow and Media Controls with no luck.

DJ DOC

Post by DJ DOC » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:15 pm

I love to use karaoke just as much as I love WMC so I decided to investingate how can I unite the two. I found a program called Power CD+G to Video Karaoke Converter. It converts the karaoke .cdg and .mp3 files to avi.

After conversion I placed my karaoke .avi files into a folder I names karaoke.

In the WMC tasks>Media Libraries>Videos apply the Karaoke Folder.