Editing the recorder schedule

GlenB

HTPC Specs: Show details

Editing the recorder schedule

Post by GlenB » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:07 am

Hello,

1st time poster...

I see by the WMC backup utility that I have several instances of the same recording going on, OR, have schedules that I no longer need.

How can I edit the recording schedule?

I have a lot of searches around, but cannot find the answer. I am having recording failing because it thinks there are too many recordings for the number of tuners(2).

WMC 7

Take care

GlenB

Space

Post by Space » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:42 am

You can just select an upcoming recording (recorded tv -> view scheduled) and then select "cancel series" to delete any Series for that show (it will no longer record that airing or any other airing of that show), or if it is a one-off record (single dot), then you can select "do not record" to just not record that one airing. If you select "do not record" on an airing of a show and that show has a Series recording defined, it will not record that airing, but will still record future airings, so you need to "cancel series" to make sure it does not record any future airings.

You can look at all the Series records (multiple red dots on the airing) you have defined by going here (even if there are no airings of that show currently in the guide):
recorded tv -> view scheduled -> Series

This will list all the Series recordings. You can sort the list using the options on the left side.

To cancel (delete) the Series, just select the one you want to delete and then select the "Cancel Series" option.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:16 pm

GlenB wrote:Hello,

1st time poster...

I see by the WMC backup utility that I have several instances of the same recording going on, OR, have schedules that I no longer need.

How can I edit the recording schedule?

I have a lot of searches around, but cannot find the answer. I am having recording failing because it thinks there are too many recordings for the number of tuners(2).

WMC 7

Take care

GlenB
WMC Backu uptilty ?

You can go into WMC and check your series to make sure there is no dups. Recorded TV > View Scheduled (this is where all the upconing shows are, you can click on one and cancel them if needed) > Series. This will show all your series that WMC will automaticly record. Look through this list and delete any dups, or change some settings for the ones that your having issues with.

For example, you can change it to only record "NEW" episodes, this will stop it from recording every episide and only record new episodes or change it to only record a limite amount. This might help you a little.

Also to note, Media Center will detect recording failiures. So if a recording failed (1/2 way in the middle or got cut off for some reason), it will try to record it again, so keep this in mind, it's better in most cases, just let it record it and delete it later.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012