Recording "stopped early due to schedule change"

webminster

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recording "stopped early due to schedule change"

Post by webminster » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:35 am

Recording "Bull" tonight, and the recording broke into three pieces... with a history message I've never seen over 6 years:
"Recording started ... and stopped early due to schedule change".
Other recordings seem to be running fine tonight. Anyone ever seen that message, know what it means?

EDIT: Just for completeness, Guide data from EPG123.
-Alan

Space

Post by Space » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:20 am

I have seen this before. In my case there was an update to the guide that took place at the same time as the recording. Something must have changed in the listing for the show that was being recorded, so it stopped recording and then re-started recording again. I'm not sure what type of change would cause this, however.

webminster

Post by webminster » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. No guide updates (e.g. EPG123 runs) during the time. I did note that going in, Bull had generic ESI (valid OAD but generic episode title and description)... WMC updated that at some point during/after the first record segment (all 3 pieces had correct ESI info). But I've seen that happen before without recording interruptions.

Can't help wondering if somehow more than one program somehow loaded into that time slot and confused the scheduler. All other recordings ran fine as expected. Nice to know it's been seen before, my first time... very few Google hits on it.
-Alan

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:07 pm

I wonder if periodic database maintenance could have been running during the recording? ISTR this error happening at least once to me as well.

webminster

Post by webminster » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:59 am

Really weird. Happened on "Bull" again this week. Oddly with exactly the same pattern as first time - 24 minute, then stop and restart for a 5 minute piece, then a third piece to finish. Still wondering if somehow the guide data on that program is corrupted and causing the "schedule change." Going to try to delete and recreate the scheduled recording... this is the only program it's ever happened on for me.
-Alan

webminster

Post by webminster » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:26 am

Double checked the event logs... no signs of abnormal stuff or an mcupdate client maintenance running at the time, and tasks are scheduled during the midnight-6am time frame. Odd. Deleted and rescheduled Bull, guess I'll see next week.
-Alan

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:05 am

According to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_(2016_TV_series)

tonight's episode was a repeat instead of a new episode. (CBS didn't want to burn a new episode against the World Series maybe?)

I don't know how that would potentially factor into what happened.