Help: So many huge mcepg database files in ehome

ckensto

HTPC Specs: Show details

Help: So many huge mcepg database files in ehome

Post by ckensto » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:39 am

I was wondering why my C: drive was so full and found many mcepg#-# large database files (and folders) in the programdata>microsoft>ehome folder. I'm thinking that everytime my guide fails to download an update, WMC creates a new mcepg#-# db file and corresponding folder and doesnt delete the old ones. I was able to delete about 50 gigs just keeping the latest one but I am sure it will continue to do this. I wonder if this started with the switch to Rovi? I had about 95 mcepg files and folders. Any idea what I can fix? We do get relatively frequent guide failures every 1-3 weeks or so and it requires machine restart to successfully get an updated guide. Must I delete all ehome files and re setup WMC? Thanks in advance for any help.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:00 am

I have had to do that a few times. What I did was type delete mcepg in the search box up in the top right of the page. Several others have explained how to do the deleting without breaking anything else.

ckensto

Post by ckensto » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:23 am

Crash2009 wrote:I have had to do that a few times. What I did was type delete mcepg in the search box up in the top right of the page. Several others have explained how to do the deleting without breaking anything else.
I was wondering why these things accumulate though and if something is amiss I can fix to prevent this.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Maybe ask the same question in the EPG 123 section