On-screen display time

mistress

HTPC Specs: Show details

On-screen display time

Post by mistress » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:43 am

I would like to shorten the time the timeline (when I press play, pause, etc.) lingers on the screen. Nothing in the WMC registry section jumped out at me.

Anyone have a solution?

Thank you.

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:44 pm

mistress wrote:I would like to shorten the time the timeline (when I press play, pause, etc.) lingers on the screen. Nothing in the WMC registry section jumped out at me.
Looking at my notes, the following timeouts would seem to be supported in the registry; one of these may be what you are looking for:

Code: Select all

Notification Before A Recording Starts -
When you are watching TV a notification appears before the channel is changed to start a new recording. Enter the number of milliseconds to show this notification before Media Center changes the channel to begin the recording. (1 second = 1000 milliseconds)
Registry key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\VideoConstants
Registry value - RecorderStartWarningTimeout
Registry value data type - REG_DWORD

More Info Panel Timeout -
Enter the number of milliseconds to show the More Info panel while watching TV or DVD. (1 second = 1000 milliseconds)
Registry key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\VideoConstants
Registry value - InfoBarTimeout

Seek Bar Timeout -
Enter the number of milliseconds to show the paused seek bar while watching TV or DVD. (1 second = 1000 milliseconds)
Registry value - SeekBarTimeout

Seek Bar Rewind and Fast Forward Timeout -
While watching TV or DVD pressing REW/FWD displays the seek bar. Enter the number of milliseconds to show the seek bar when transitioning from REW or FWD to normal playback while watching TV or DVD. (1 second = 1000 milliseconds)
Registry value - SeekBarBriefTimeout

Seek Bar Slow Motion Timeout -
Enter the number of milliseconds to show the seek bar when video is in slow motion playback while watching TV or DVD. (1 second = 1000 milliseconds)
Registry value - SeekBarSloMoTimeout
-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mistress

Post by mistress » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:11 pm

Thank you, that's an impressive collection of notes.