DirecTV channel drift issue

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
jtcreate

HTPC Specs: Show details

DirecTV channel drift issue

Post by jtcreate » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:51 am

Hello everyone. Every since the switch to the Rovi, I have been experiencing what I am describing as "channel drift". I have three Windows 7 machines all recording Directv using the Hauppauge Colossus cards in 720p off of the Directv settop box with IR blasters. After many headaches over the last few months with ROVI/MS, my one unresolved issue remains. The Channel Drift! After about a week of normal functioning, Media Center will suddenly "drift" one to two channels up from the channel it is supposed to record. For example, if I need to record TVONE channel 328, Media Center will blast the Directv settop to record BET Channel 329 even though it displays that TVONE 328 is recording, display all the metadata of TVONE and it will output the .wtv with TVONE in the filename. The only way to correct is to do a complete TVsignal setup and reload all the channels from MS/ROVI. I've tested the Directv box and its fine. I've tested the Hauppauge blaster by manually signaling the directv box. No issue there. All problems trace back to the Media Center EPG. I have a feeling its connected with the updates because it doesn't happen when I shut off the auto guide update. But every time I need to refresh the EPG, I don't take any chances and just do another TV signal setup. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Oh yeah, when the problem occurs, it does not affect all the channels in the Guide. Only the cable channels like FX, FXX, BET, TVONE, AMC, ShowTIME, and HBO. It doesn't affect the local channels 2-13. Weird!