HDCP error when watching copy-protected channels

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
rescuethecows

HTPC Specs: Show details

HDCP error when watching copy-protected channels

Post by rescuethecows » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:04 am

I just got a second-hand TV from a friend...up until now I've been using an old Sony CRT.

The TV is a Philips 32pfl3505d/f7. I have it connected to my Xbox via HDMI. My computer (where I record WMC) is running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I have Time Warner digital cable and use a HDHomerun Prime 3-tuner box with CableCard.

Best I can tell, everything works fine EXCEPT when I watch channels that are copy-protected or recordings of channels that are copy-protected. Time Warner encrypts everything (hence the CableCard box) but local channels like ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX (as well as a few cable channels like E! and IFC) are not flagged as copy-protected.

The error message: "Display Error" "High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) may not be supported by the current display. Connect to an HDCP-compliant display or connect using an analog connection such as component or VGA."

The specs on the TV say it is HDCP compliant and when I plug it into my computer via HDMI it works fine with all content.

What I've tried:

1) Using two different HDMI cables, same result
2) Changing the Windows sound settings to something different than MCE's sound settings, Same result.
3) Uninstalling TeamViewer, same result.
4) Reset DRM on my computer, same result.

Sorry for the long post. Anybody have any suggestions that I haven't tried? I'd REALLY like this to work. Happy to provide any info I may have left out. Thanks!

STC

Post by STC » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:39 am

What GPU is running?
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

rescuethecows

Post by rescuethecows » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:37 pm

STC wrote:What GPU is running?
I have an Intel i3, and I use the integrated GPU.