Missing cable channels

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
cycletourist

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by cycletourist » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:36 am

Big thanks for this thread. My latest favorite show's Season 2 Premiere is on in 10 days on an HD cable channel I was missing (799 WGN America HD). My HDHomeRun Prime had it but it was not in WMC Edit Channels. I did as indicated a couple of posts back. I selected the missing channel on the right side then clicked on Tuners (the little icon by refresh) selected each tuner one by one and added that channel to each one (three tuners).

[I had to figure this next part out myself - and only did so when I accidentally clicked on Subscribe. Serendipity.]

After adding them to the tuners, they appeared on the left side, but without a Subscribed Guide Service Name. I right-clicked on each one in the left pane and selected Subscribe, which added the Subscribed Guide Service Name (reassuring). I then selected all three (left pane), right-clicked and selected Merge.

That did the trick. My series setting picked it right up and scheduled the HD version.

(Glad I noticed, because WMC had scheduled it, but on the SD channel. I might not have noticed until I watched it - bummer.)
--