No Channel Change in Morning

dkrom

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Channel Change in Morning

Post by dkrom » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:27 pm

I just moved on from my 2005 MCE with three extenders to a Windows 7 MCE with 2 Linksys DMA2200 extenders and an XBOX. Things have been great, but I do have morning problems - the Win7 machine will not change the channel on my dish box first thing in the morning! Once I've tried to change the channel one time it'll work perfectly, but that first early morning channel change just won't work. I tried relearning codes, using both my old IR and new IR transmitter and it made no difference. My old 2005 MCE had a similar behavior with not transmitting the first number - i.e. 172 would just be 72, but the new Win7 doesn't even bother with one number. I do see the transmitter light up, and it works perfectly after one change, but that first one bothers me if I plan to record something in the morning before I have a chance to open the media center. Any help would be appreciated.

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:42 pm

Could it be that the first one is what wakes up the PC?

Try and turn off the sleep feature and see what happens.
Or you could schedule a task just before you need to use TV in the morning.

dkrom

Post by dkrom » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:59 am

Rainey wrote:Could it be that the first one is what wakes up the PC?

Try and turn off the sleep feature and see what happens.
Or you could schedule a task just before you need to use TV in the morning.
Thanks Rainey - I setup a manual recording for a minute in the morning and set media center to keep only one show so it basically deletes the file each day.