Can I Start Recording One Minute LATE? How, please

mistress

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can I Start Recording One Minute LATE? How, please

Post by mistress » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:37 pm

Subject says it -- I would like WMC7 to start recording one or two minutes late. For instance, the network evening news runs ads more than a minute after the :00/:30 time. Not so much to save space or anything; perhaps to allow the preceding to run a minute long.

Is there any way to directly edit series record-start times?

Thank you

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:01 am

I don't think it is possible to set up a recording for later than the start time shown in the guide, short of setting the sytem clock slow, which I would not advise. The default set up is for a recording to stop is 3 minutes after to the stop time if possible, the "if possible" being that a tuner is available at that time however Media Center typically will not switch to an alternative tuner when two subsequent recordings are scheduled even when a tuner is available. The work around is to change the stop setting to 10 minutes (no "if possible"), on the preceeding recording, which forces Media Center to use an alternative tuner to start the next recording on time without cutting the previous recording off early. Do you have more than one tuner available? To change the default stop setting go to Recorded TV/Schedule where you can select the specific preceeding recording and right arrow to "Record Settings" and change the "Stop" setting to 10 minutes.
Hope this helps and I have not totally missunderstood your question.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:41 pm

Just set up a manual recording for those shows that require it.

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:49 pm

adam1991 wrote:Just set up a manual recording for those shows that require it.
Why didn't I think of that. Must be a mind block due to never being able to figure out how to do it on my VCR back in the "good" old days! :oops:

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:32 pm

You're just overthinking it, because of all the OTHER stuff WMC *can* do that the VCR couldn't. It's tough to go back and think, "I could do this on my VCR, why can't I...oh wait, I can."

pittsoccer33

Post by pittsoccer33 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:17 pm

If you screw up your system clock I think it affects the recording clock. you could try altering that.