Strange Missing Channels

epete

HTPC Specs: Show details

Strange Missing Channels

Post by epete » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:06 am

Yesterday my media center said my tuner was having problems. It happens every once in a while and I reboot and everything is back to normal.

This time it was different. I use a Ceton InfinitV4 internal card. I use it with CableVision which has all of their HD channels in the 700's. So in order to view CBS 2 New York, I need to tune to 702.

I remap my channels to avoid this so I put channel 2 (SD) up at 702 and Channel 702 CBS (HD) down on 2. Then I disable 702 so the (SD) channel never comes up. This has worked great.

After rebooting from this recent tuner failure I noticed the guide has several channel 2's listed, they list CBS SD and CBS HD on channel 2.

And SD is what I get on both.

I am unable to enter 702 from the remote and there seems to be no options to enable the 700's.

I went in and loaded the latest Ceton driiver and firmware, I have reset the tuner in media center and reselected my cable company again and still no luck. I was able to select Verizon FIOS instead and tuned into their 700's and confirmed the HD Channels were still there. The FOIS Guid data didnt match, but I was able to tune into the 700's again.

I went back into setup and selected cablevision again and was hoping by loading the verizon FIOS guid, that going back to Cablevision would force media center to reset everything. It didn't. I have the same multiple CBS's , ABC's etc and cannot get any of the HD channels back.

What am I doing wrong. I thought by now, I would have fully understood all of the options within media center. Worst case, I will reformat and reinstall Windows 7, but I really dont want to do that. Any ideas before I take that drastic step?

Evan

DOS4EVER

Post by DOS4EVER » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:14 am

Could be related to the EPG cut-over. Lots of people are sharing stories of missing channels and wrong guide data.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=5&t=8903

epete

Post by epete » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:20 am

I found another post where it says that re running the TV Setup blows away the Channel Database. Thats exactly what I want to do, but I would think that after blowing away the channel database, I would be able to get the 700's back.

Another item to note is that cablevision is going to change their channel line up. Maybe the guide changed and doesnt recognise anthing there yet. I do have a second Media center with another infinitv4 that is still working properly.

Does anyone know where that database is stored? Maybe I can copy it from the working media center and paste it into this non working media center.

epete

Post by epete » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:21 am

DOS4EVER wrote:Could be related to the EPG cut-over. Lots of people are sharing stories of missing channels and wrong guide data.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=5&t=8903
That is what I am thinking. I see Cablevision is slowly changilng the lineup and maybe the giude is changing faster than the actual channels

mlcarson

Post by mlcarson » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:34 am

Same type of problems with Comcast. I lost channels and have channels which are now taking eastern timezone feeds rather than western. Microsoft really broke a lot of things in this change from Zaptoit to Rovi and things aren't fixable even with manually changing things with GuideTool. And since Microsoft is dropping WMC from WIndows 10, there's not a good place to request fixes.