TV shows showing up in Movies section plus slow loading

darcher

HTPC Specs: Show details

TV shows showing up in Movies section plus slow loading

Post by darcher » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Hey all, I recently migrated all of my recorded TV/movies to an external server and am having some weird issues. I'll start with the most confusing first.

In the past few days, my recorded TV shows have started showing up in the built-in Movies section in WMC. This has never happened before. It has made looking through my movies rather annoying because there are now a few hundred extra entries of TV shows. Has anyone ever seen this happen before? I'm almost to the point of resetting media center and just starting over to see if that helps.

The other main issue I'm having is very slow population of movies/Recorded TV every time I open WMC. When I click on Movies, Recorded TV, Videos, etc. It takes ~10 seconds for my files to show up. My HTPC is connected to my file server with a Cat 6 cable at 1 Gbps so I don't think it's a network speed issue. Why is the database seemingly rebuilt from scratch every time? It's very odd/annoying.

Ideas?

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:56 pm

Sounds like you need to setup your library shares in a way that isolates your recorded tv folder from the library. The way I did this was make a folder on the drive labeled movies and put all media in that, this prevents the library from seeing the recorded tv folder as the library for movies and videos is not pointed at it or the entire hard drive.

darcher

Post by darcher » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:00 pm

I'm not at home at the moment so can't check on this, but is that possible? I though the recorded TV folder was automatically added searched by the Movies tile. I don't recall explicitly adding it but I'll look to see if it can be removed. I'm still confused what happened though. I've always had recorded movies show up in Movies just fine w/o the recorded TV shows showing up as well. Has anyone else ever seen this problem before?