New Problem with Video File Playback

JonDeutsch

HTPC Specs: Show details

New Problem with Video File Playback

Post by JonDeutsch » Thu May 28, 2015 1:32 am

Hi everyone,

I've been using WMC7 since it was released and I've never had this problem until now:

I used to be able to go to my Video library and pick from hundreds of videos I have on my LAN.

Now, suddenly, just after I changed my PodCatcher app settings, the first time I load up WMC, I can go to my videos, select a folder, and pick a video file, and play it. Just like before.
But once I'm done playing that video, all I get is the spinning circle whenever I go into Videos, or pick another folder. It will spin for about 5 minutes and finally just disappear and show me no video content (or folders). I need to close out WMC and re-launch it again for me to select and play another video.

I've gone in and removed all folders from the video watch list, and I've removed and re-created the Videos Library in Win7. Nothing has worked so far.

Note: I can get access to any of the videos files directly from WMP, so it's not a core index issue AFAIK.

Any ideas??
This is killing me... I use WMC to watch my daily video podcasts! Now I'm falling behind. :)

Thx.
Jon