Recorded TV- No thumbnails?

Wheeker

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recorded TV- No thumbnails?

Post by Wheeker » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:05 am

My Recorded TV thumbnails have recently stopped being generated for new recordings. Up to a certain date all my thumbnails are still there as normal & then all recordings since that date (with the weird exception of one) do not have any thumbnail- just the blue rectangle.

I have searched for solutions to this but the suggestions do not seem to be applicable: I cannot find any (tv)thumb.db files to delete, WMC Scheduler service is already set to Local & my Recorded TV is on a local drive not a Network Drive. I have run disk clean-up & deleted thumbnails & it re-generates my existing thumbnails but the newer recordings still have no thumbnails. TBH I really don't want to reinstall MC (& run TV Set-up) all over again. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Many thanks.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Make sure that you have hidden files / folders and protected operating system files visible - you need to have both check boxes unticked for the tvthumb.db file to show up.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

Wheeker

Post by Wheeker » Tue May 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Thanks holidayboy- sorry for not replying sooner. I took your advice & was indeed able to find & delete the tvthumb.db file. This rebuilt the Recorded TV thumbnails but I actually ended-up with less thumbnails than I had originally! :oops: So I just left it- lo & behold a couple of weeks later all the thumbnails are back! :D Either it took that long or I can only presume that it was due to a corrupt thumbnail for one of my recordings which once watched & deleted the thumbnails database was able to rebuild successfully? :?