Windows Media Center 7 Guide Glitch

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
camper8080

HTPC Specs: Show details

Windows Media Center 7 Guide Glitch

Post by camper8080 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:36 am

I’m having issues with MC7 that I cannot figure out. Searching the forums hasn’t turned up anything so I decided to create a post. I create a video of the issue since it’s hard to explain, see below.

http://youtu.be/xZmod8f6ZgI

Basically, when watching live tv, a show will start stuttering. When I click guide, it starts to flicker in the background and won’t stop until I close WMC or move from full screen to window mode. I thought it was because I customized WMC with MCE Reset Toolbox but I don’t think that’s the issue. I have another bedroom PC that it happens on. The only things in common are Media Browser Classic and HD Homerun. The main system (in the video) is running Windows 7 and the bedroom PC is Windows 8.1. It’s completely random and looked over Windows Event logs and Task Scheduler but nothing stands out.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:51 am

Well, step 1 as always: remove any and all add-ons and take the system back to factory specs and defaults.

camper8080

Post by camper8080 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:33 pm

I figured it out. I always disabled Media Browser prompting to exit when moving back to WMC. Since enabling, no more issues.

Thanks for the help and sorry it took so long to login and reply.