Problem in recording UEFA games

syhomerun

HTPC Specs: Show details

Problem in recording UEFA games

Post by syhomerun » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:34 pm

I have setup win7 pc and hdhomerun prime since January. I scheduled wmc to record UEFA Champions League soccer games on FS1 and FS2 (start 3:45pm on Tue. and Wed.). It seems that wmc only recorded the first 55min and then stopped. It would then record the re-runs for the whole game at a later time even I didn't schedule. Sometime I also had problems to delete those partially recorded programs. It gave me warning that they were using by another program. However, it records fine during the weekend, when I schedule wmc to record EPL and la liga games.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:56 pm

If WMC detects that it didn't fully record a show, it will re-attempt to record it...You should be able to go into series and delete it. If it fully records the show, then it wont attempt to re-record it.

I would check the event log, if you go into your scheduled recordings, and click history, find the recording and see what it's showing why it stopped.

This should give you the root of the problem.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

syhomerun

Post by syhomerun » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:09 am

I checked history for the partial recording. The message said that it was manually stopped on <the date, time> for use by another component. The time was usually around 3-4pm during the weekday. I don't know which of the another component "manually" stopped the recording.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:50 pm

What firmware are you using on the HDHR Prime?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

syhomerun

Post by syhomerun » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:26 pm

The problem is gone after I turned off the window auto update.