Tuner Salad still available?

drb

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuner Salad still available?

Post by drb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Is Tuner Salad still avaiable? I went to web site last Friday and made the Pay-Pal donation but need not get the download. I emailed support but still have not heard or rec'd a e-mail yet. Trying not to be impatien but want to get all my tuners working.

If Tuner Salad is no longer being offered what is that will allow me access to my [2] HDHR primes?

Thanks
DRB

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Free Ceton drivers.

drb

Post by drb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:21 pm

mdavej wrote:Free Ceton drivers.
So I can just go to Ceton's web page download the drivers and they will work on the SilconDust Prime?

Thanks
DRB

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:35 pm

Ceton drivers do the same registry changes as Tuner Salad. The drivers themselves won't do anything else in your case, will just sit there unused. Prime still needs SD drivers too.

What I don't know is whether uninstalling the Ceton drivers will undo the tuner limit or not. May as well just leave them. The ETH drivers are probably the best ones to use.

EDIT: After a little more digging, I see this might not work. What will work is installing Big Screen EPG trial. That will also raise the tuner limit. When you uninstall, the change will stick.

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:13 pm

DRB, I just donated to try and grab tuner salad and it worked. Did you check your spam folder?

drb

Post by drb » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:18 pm

Sharks wrote:DRB, I just donated to try and grab tuner salad and it worked. Did you check your spam folder?
Check junk mail not there, maybe I need to contact paypal

drb

Post by drb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:27 am

Sharks wrote:DRB, I just donated to try and grab tuner salad and it worked. Did you check your spam folder?
DI'd u use pay pal? I don't mind donating again as low NG as I get the file. I might try CC and c if that works

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:43 am

yes, I used pay-pal, I received 2 e-mails from pay-pal, then after that I received an e-mail from tunersalad@mychannellogos.com with the download link/information. I'm using gmail.

drb

Post by drb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:52 am

While it looks like my problem is with Pay-pal, they have an old e-mail address.I went on their web site but apparently I can not edit it because it is my primary e-mail account. Thanks for all the replies and help

drb

Post by drb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:07 pm

drb wrote:While it looks like my problem is with Pay-pal, they have an old e-mail address.I went on their web site but apparently I can not edit it because it is my primary e-mail account. Thanks for all the replies and help

MCL support took care of the problem and emailed the file to my correct email adress.
Maybe now my wife won't kill me when she finds out her TWC dvr is gone