Records same movie every time it airs

hurkeybird

HTPC Specs: Show details

Records same movie every time it airs

Post by hurkeybird » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:12 pm

I have WMC version 6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-182) and if I select a movie to record from the guide it will record then every other time the movie airs it records again. So I may end up with 2 or 3 or more copies of the same movie. These are not series and I have not selected record series. Please help. As it stands now I have to look ahead in view scheduled and compare what's scheduled with what is in my Recorded TV listings and manually remove any duplicates from the schedule.

Space

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Space » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:37 am

hurkeybird wrote:I have WMC version 6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-182) and if I select a movie to record from the guide it will record then every other time the movie airs it records again. So I may end up with 2 or 3 or more copies of the same movie. These are not series and I have not selected record series. Please help. As it stands now I have to look ahead in view scheduled and compare what's scheduled with what is in my Recorded TV listings and manually remove any duplicates from the schedule.
If you look in history does it indicate that there was a problem with recording the movie?

The only time it should record a movie more than once (other than you explicitly telling it to do so) is if it thinks it was unable to successfully record the movie. Once it thinks it has successfully recorded the movie, it should no longer record future airings.

If you have a weak signal, it could trigger WMC to think the movie was not fully recorded, and it will reschedule it.

If it says the movie was "Recorded" in History, then it should not record future airings, it is says anything else (Partial, Not Recorded, etc.) then it will schedule the movie to record again in the future (assuming there is another airing in the guide).

If you are seeing "Partial" then it may mean that you are getting momentary drop-outs of the signal and this is making WMC think that the recording was not completed in full (you may or may not see these drop-outs while watching the recoding, depending on how long/severe they were).