Using EventGhost or IRSS to setup my remote

cadams8221218

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by cadams8221218 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Then again ill just bust out the extra monitor and let it record in the background and ill just watch on my tv while I keep an eye on the pc just let me know what time is good for u. Thank u

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Check your PM and let's continue the conversation in e-mail.

cadams8221218

Post by cadams8221218 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:05 am

i have the hauppauge colossus and want to use my hp windows media center remote and ir blaster, colossus is a capture card not tuner so wmc doesnt ask to setup an ir blaster and remote, ive tried to tolerate the hauppauge ir blaster but it wont get my box to go to the three digit stations consistenly, say i want 252, ill get channel 2, or 5, or 22, but rarely 252, what third party apps can i use to get my wmc remote working, ive tried eventghost and irss but they were complicated and i couldnt seem to find a good enough tutorial.

cadams8221218

Post by cadams8221218 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:11 pm

im using a program called ir server suite setup to operate my hp windows media center ir receiver/blaster with remote, i have used the ir file tool app to find the codes for my cable box, im trying to use the remote and blaster with windows media center. Im doing this because media center doesnt ask u to setup a ir blaster during setup because the card im using the hauppauge colossus is a capture card and not a tuner. I used this guide http://www.techlifeweb.com/2010/12/27/h ... ia-center/ to set everything up, i get stuck when the author says go to hkeylocalmachine/system/pswtuner to do some registry editing to get things to work, i dont have a pswtuner folder, but then in one of the comments someone says u no longer need to deal with the registry, so i just used the same app path and arg that the author did, when i try to change channels in media center it doesnt work, but when i have media center closed and am viewing cable via the hdmi input, the normal way and i use this app on my iphone called orb to which streams live tv from pc to many devices, i go to change the channel and the blaster works, but y wont my remote work. im close to getting this taken care of

cadams8221218

Post by cadams8221218 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:04 pm

i am using a third party app called IR Server suite to learn the codes and change channels so I can FINALLY record content while im not at home. Media center doesnt ask to setup an ir blaster when setting up a colossus since its a capture card not a tv tuner, and Hauppauges Ir blaster SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, it drops digits when changing channels, has happened with two ir blaster cables and two separate Colossus cards, and there software sucks too, i just need the app argument for the external blaster but dont know where to find it, I have had the colossus since last september and am still dealing with this issue.

realcami

Post by realcami » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:28 am

I have the same case with my colossus, mce blaster and eventghost, I was
following the instructions you were giving, it was very helpful up to the point where I have created all the macros for
the ir channels, but I see the second part of the instructions was not
posted.
Could you please help me finishing this installation, I am stuck at the app
path and app args of the hauppauge mce device central.
I just named the macros by its number "1", "2", "3"....