Integra NVS-7.7 upgade to windows 7 ultimate

Jibarosoul

HTPC Specs: Show details

Integra NVS-7.7 upgade to windows 7 ultimate

Post by Jibarosoul » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:15 am

After getting fed up with end of life support notifications on my integra nvs 77 running XP MCE 2005, I finally upgraded to windows 7 ultimate. I realized that my IR remote and RF keyboard no longer work. How can I obtain all hardware drivers/software for this machine? Also, can i add a bluray drive to this? I Also have an old HP MCE extender, can i get this to work on Windows 7 MC? Any help greatly appreciated.

The NVS-7.7 Integrated Media Center from Integra is a purpose-built multimedia PC that boasts a whooping 400GB of storage space for all your video and audio needs. It utilizes Intel’s Viiv technology for the complete home theatre PC environment and comes with proprietary Integra-designed audio circuitry that utilizes high-end Wolfson DACs and Integra’s very own Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC). The NVS-7.7 is compatible with RS-232 and IP-based control systems in order to ease its integration in a house-wide system installation. This stylish integrated media server will set you back by a cool $3,000. Check out the exhaustive list of specifications after the jump.
• Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
• Processor: Intel Pentium 4 Dual 820 2.8GHz processor
• Memory: 1GB DDR2 RAM
• Hard drive: 400GB hard drive
• Formats supported: WMV HD, MPEG -1/-2/-4, DivX, JPEG, WMA, MP3, AAC, and PCM
• 8-in-1 memory card reader
• USB 2.0 ports x 4

mercalia

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by mercalia » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:35 pm

would have been better to put to gether a cheap micro board pc with cheapest modern cpu then to windows 7. I did some time ago then it was G41 chipset built in video and sound and core 2 duo intel E5400 ( 2x2.5ghz ). Pentium 4 yuk power hungry and slow. I have an all in one media centre from that time - Elonex cost £2000 new and looks very modern but weighs a ton due to the heat sink for the Pentium 4. It doesnt compare to what I have now. Mine typically uses about 55 watts compared to the 90+ of the Pentium 4. A modern system would be far less than mine.