Echo Uninstall Errors - Help

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
pluto30306

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo Uninstall Errors - Help

Post by pluto30306 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Can anyone help me. I uninstalled my Echo plug-in and rebooted etc...my Xbox 360 and WMC7 still pops up with an error code that Ceton Extender not responding. Plus my task scheduler still shows and doesn't allow me to delete a Ceton Extender task.

Any suggestion, beyond re-formatting and starting everything over?

Shackleford

Post by Shackleford » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Did you remove the extender from wmc via settings> extender and then add it again?

pluto30306

Post by pluto30306 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:40 pm

I used the uninstall function in the Echo directory. i'll try to add it again and then uninstall via the WMC 7 extender page and report back.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:34 pm

That uninstalls the Echo as an extender. The message you are getting has to do with the Echo software- remove it using Add/Remove Programs
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

pluto30306

Post by pluto30306 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Ok..so far, I loaded the Echo software and rebooted and then uninstalled the Echo software....and it worked. Now in my task scheduler their is a Ceton folder with no scheduled tasks that I can't seem to delete. it says there is a scheduled task, but nothing is showing up as scheduled so it won't let me detail the folder.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:46 pm

pluto30306 wrote:Ok..so far, I loaded the Echo software and rebooted and then uninstalled the Echo software....and it worked. Now in my task scheduler their is a Ceton folder with no scheduled tasks that I can't seem to delete. it says there is a scheduled task, but nothing is showing up as scheduled so it won't let me detail the folder.
I am not understanding what task scheduler has to do with this?

pluto30306

Post by pluto30306 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:08 pm

I figured it out. The Ceton Echo has added a task to run - "Ceton Log-on etc.." I think it must have to do with sharing info for development. This task wasn't showing up under the task scheduler, however the task scheduler was showing a empty folder, which I couldn't delete since this Log-on info was hidden in that scheduled task.

Manual way of dealing with this issue:
1. Task Scheduler task images are located in : C:\Windows\System32\Tasks, delete related corrupted or hidden file in this folder and the folder.
2. Go to the task scheduler and remove/delete the folder noted in the task scheduler (this also removes this info in the registry - which is what you want to do as well..but you shouldn't have to go to the registry to do this)....you shouldn't have any errors telling you that their is a file in the folder any more.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:15 pm

I think you are the only person to ever experience this.

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:29 am

No he is not anymore. I have this problem also.

What happens is when you setup an echo it creates a logon task after you put in the PIN to connect to the WMC. Then if you have issues and the Echo goes through a recovering firmware, you get to enter the new PIN code displayed on the reboot of the echo. This creates a new account and task for the same Ceton Echo.

Now any time you open task scheduler you will get this error complaining about a task that was setup for a echo account that is no longer valid. I have had one echo recover three times and now get to errors when first open task scheduler. It report "An error occurred for Ceton Echo Logon (S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxx--xxxxxxxx-1003). Error message, The specified account name is not valid."

So the current account that are working are 1004 and 1005, i guess 1001 , 1002 and 1003 were accounts that were setup with PINs before the echo recovered it firmware.

Thanks for pointing out the directory where the task is stored, so i can delete them.